• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

David Gordon Green's Halloween

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since I apparently have some sort of nervous tick that won't allow me to not edit a Halloween movie, I'm currently doing a quick edit for Halloween 2018 that I'm calling David Gordon Green's Halloween. I'll get to my cutlist in a second but I do have a quick question. How do we feel about the bahn mi sandwich scene? Personally, it doesn't bother me at all but I know some people that truly hate it. I'm debating whether or not to cut it. To me, it adds a little character to the two cops before their untimely demise. Thoughts would be appreciated. Anyways, here is a tentative cut list.

1) Cut Aaron yelling "SAY SOMETHING."
2) Used a different section of the Halloween main theme for the opening credits. 
3) Cut Ray saying he got peanut butter on his penis.
4) Trimmed Ray talking about Allyson dating "nice guys."
5) Cut Dave saying "cold blooded murdelated." Seriously, what does that even mean.
6) Cut entire scene with the hunter and his son stumbling upon the bus crash.
7) Cut Hawkins finding hunter's body at the crash site.
8) Added back in scene with Allyson and her friends at school. 
9) Sartain no longer puts on Michael's mask. 
10) The Bahn Mi sandwich scene stays... for now.
11) Laurie no longer says Happy Halloween Michael. 

Anything else that people really hated in the movie? Overall I loved it.

Honestly the only thing I did not like about this movie was the whole Doctor putting on the Mask and wearing it.  To me it made me chuckle and was kinda ridiculous.  So good deal cutting that out.  Then it's all good.  There are some extended scenes and deleted scenes on the upcoming blu ray, might want to check them out too.  Maybe something in there could be good to add.   The guy who looked like Barb from stranger things was a bad casting.  He was kinda dumb maybe minimize his role, but that's just me.  All in all, your cut list looks good.  Good luck with your edit.

mikedrew87 said:
Honestly the only thing I did not like about this movie was the whole Doctor putting on the Mask and wearing it.  To me it made me chuckle and was kinda ridiculous.  So good deal cutting that out.  Then it's all good.  There are some extended scenes and deleted scenes on the upcoming blu ray, might want to check them out too.  Maybe something in there could be good to add.   The guy who looked like Barb from stranger things was a bad casting.  He was kinda dumb maybe minimize his role, but that's just me.  All in all, your cut list looks good.  Good luck with your edit.

Thanks! There is one deleted scene I’m reinserting with Allyson and her friends at school on Halloween morning. I feel it helps to flesh out those characters a little bit more. It didn’t feel pressing to me that any other of the deleted scenes be added as they range from decent to really quite bad. One with Sartain was downright awful.

This edit is now on ifdb. Thorazine shots for everyone! Thread moved.

The lines in this movie that you are cutting out, were more than likely all lines that Danny McBride had written, and I would not be at all surprised if it was his idea to have the Dr. put on the mask.

When Jamie Lee Curtis was asked if she would be up for a sequel, she said that if David Green was involved, then yes, and I would only assume that it was he lent to the script, and not Danny McBride's contributions, that made it half decent. There are some things about this film that I think would be very difficult to fix, such as the irony of Michael's transfer date for one, and the fact that they not only ignored all the sequels, including the AMAZING part III, but they also seem to have written this as if the end of Halloween didn't happen quite like it did, thus rendering Michael less supernatural.

Anyhow, rant aside, I hope to see this soon!

Jimmy Jesus said:
Can you give out links to view the edit? If so, could I have one?

Send me a private message please. :)

Ryantology said:
Jimmy Jesus said:
Can you give out links to view the edit? If so, could I have one?

Send me a private message please. :)

You know it's against forum rules to request links, and this is clearly an attempted work around. Don't do this. Just send the editor a PM...

Couldn't figure out how to leave a review. Loved the edit 10/10. Amended all of the fixable problems with the movie. Highly recommended.

This was my first Halloween watch (any of the movies, in any form); I'm not normally a horror guy, but was intrigued enough by all the "Jamie Lee Curtis playing Sarah Connor" talk to pick up the blu, and decided to start with this edit. And... I'm very confused.

- Why does Laurie, after seeing Myers' killing spree scene in broad daylight, take hours upon hours to contact her family (at night)?
- Why do neither Laurie nor her daughter Karen seem all that concerned about finding/rescuing the granddaughter? They loiter around in the basement instead.
- Why doesn't Laurie turn on the floodlights around the house the minute she gets home that night?
- Why is the interior of the house so poorly lit, when floodlights have been installed on the roof?
- How does the granddaughter get onto the property? Isn't it fenced, presumably with barb wire? Ditto for Myers?
- Where does Laurie get her money from? Why has she installed elaborate gates on individual house rooms, but doesn't consult her security cameras? Or even, hell, spread flour across the floors, to track footprints? Why is she so bad at tactics in her own home despite decades of prep time?!
- Why did social services take her daughter away, anyhow? Lots of kids are raised by gun-loving oddballs without the state intervening. What made this situation so disastrous?

And that's not even getting into the questions of Myers' supernatural endurance, and the randomly evil foreign (why foreign?) asylum doctor. And now we'll get two sequels to this movie, because it made something like 25 times its budget at the box office alone? Am I in the wrong line of work?!

(Editing-wise, not having scene the original, I have no particular feedback; it looked and sounded great.)

Back
Top Bottom