• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Deathbed Movie

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is entirely hypothetical, and I hope everyone is well.

You're dying.  You have time to watch a movie.  Maybe a few movies.  What movie(s) do you watch at the end?

I'd rewatch Tarkovsky's The Sacrifice and Bergman's The Seventh Seal.

Obligatory "I thought this would be a thread about Death Bed: The Bed that Eats".

...Probably something from Pixar, Laika, or Ghibli, (maybe even Disney) something comforting and animated.

I need to revise what I was initially writing. It's a hard question. Probably Streets of Fire first and foremost. But if I were to ass any others, it depends on the mood. If I want something thoughtful or to give insight on death or something, maybe Watchmen or Meet Joe Black. If I just want something fun as my last movie, either the 2005 Fantastic Four or Star Wars (probably one of the original trilogy). Maybe even Clerks or another such comedy I hold dearly so my final moments can be spent laughing. Probably I'd go with the second set I mentioned. Watch things with definitive heroes, something I can smile about without thinking too much.
Really it's hard to say, and my post us all over the place by now.

Probably something life-affirming, like 'It's a Wonderful Life' or 'The Walk'.

Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

Return of the Jedi

One of my earliest memories is seeing Harrison Ford run away from the bunker before it explodes.  Seems appropriate to end where I metaphorically began.

To make me smile Probally Friday with ice cube and chris tucker or naked gun or airplane.

Enter the Void or The Holy Mountain. If these are my last hours, I wanna get real weird with it.

Only the Lonely  and The King of Kings (1927).

Back to the Future Reality Cut

Back
Top Bottom