If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Keeping Womble Alive
Hola friends,

So, I had a bit of a scare this morning. Womble, which was working fine as always last night, abruptly crashed, and then wouldn't open again. I restarted the computer, nope. Uninstalled and reinstalled Womble, nada. Womble hasn't been updated in years and I don't think my Windows 7 had changed recently, but I ran a System Restore to a point two weeks ago, and that seems to have solved things - for now. And now I've saved this Restore Point.

My question is, then, does anyone have any advice for how I might protect Womble from here on out? I know it's not a well-respected program, exactly, but I'm in the middle of a large Womble project I'd hate to lose (and don't intend to redo in any other program), and I generally don't want to let to let it go one bit. With luck, this'll be a non-recurring random blip, but, thanks in advance for any info. Smile  

(Also, does anyone know if Womble works in Windows 10?)
[Image: tenor.gif]

Someone else still uses Womble?

I can't help with your situation, but Womble works great for me on Windows 10.
^ Good to hear! Here's hoping that was a freak glitch that won't happen again, then. Tongue