If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Writing Exercises
(05-29-2020, 02:43 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: Ray Bradury’s Martian Chronicles might also be a good read...

I'll add it to the list. Thanks Moe
Current projects:
Thor: Odinson?
Quark's 

Video password: Malthus
​​​
Fun fact: The stories in Martian Chronicles were never meant to be connected, but Bradbury couldn't get it published unless he branded it as a novel. So he wrote some extra padding to loosely connect things up.
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
[+] 2 users Like The Scribbling Man's post
(05-29-2020, 09:09 AM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: Fun fact: The stories in Martian Chronicles were never meant to be connected, but Bradbury couldn't get it published unless he branded it as a novel. So he wrote some extra padding to loosely connect things up.

I believe they were originally all (almost all?) published as short stories in various sci fi magazines, which were popular then. I believe Bradbury himself said it was a collection of short stories pretending to be a novel. Though I probably have that at least partly wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes Moe_Syzlak's post