If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Poll: What version of Metropolis do you like best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Complete Metropolis
83.33%
5 83.33%
Giorgio Moroder Presents Metropolis
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Metropolis - Fritz Lang, 1927
New thread for movie conspiracies?
Mega Man is best game. 
(12-10-2018, 07:28 PM)hbenthow Wrote: The UK Masters of Cinema Blu-ray (which is what I assume you have) has the original German intertitles, but the US Kino Blu-ray has English ones instead.  (click here for more information).

Interesting, thanks for that link. It's a shame they've just used a generic font, instead of replicating the hand italics of the German titles and the translation (from the shot they show) doesn't scan very well (plus it doesn't have same look, size and placement either). e.g.

[Image: 32398205268_dc31e904c2_z.jpg]

[Image: 44453119240_ed96a54133_z.jpg]

A screenshot of my translation for comparison:

[Image: 32398175568_c6b73bb866_z.jpg]
I also can confirm the Eureka version does have the original intertitles on the 2hr 30minute version as TM2YC said. I currently own the 90th Anniversary box set which is a lovely and very informative package.

I do have a soft spot for the Moroder version and truth be told it is the version I watch the most. I know some would say its almost blasphemous but it is the version I first watched when I was a ten year old and I suspect a hint of nostalgia keeps me going back to it...and hey Jon Anderson is on the soundtrack.

Was the the Moroder version the first ever fan edit?

A project for the future maybe to take the longer version 2hr 30minute and add in some similar 80's music in line with the Moroder version - a full story Moroder version.
In the Works - Age of Adaline - Miss Larson edit