• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blade Runner 2049: New Vangelis Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blade Runner 2049: New Vangelis Cut:

My reviews are a personal opinion of what i enjoy and not an indication of a good or bad edit. We all have different likes and what floats my boat sinks another. So please don't let my opinion stop you from viewing any fanedit...not that it would

Having recently watched Problem Eliminator's BR2049 Vangelis Cut i can say that for me it is 90% there. My go to version has been TM2YC's Aerodynamik which does a marvelous job of cutting the space and moving the film along at an accelerated pace. Problem Eliminator's reduces the films length but does so by chopping various scenes. I can honestly say that i never really had a problem with Wallace and was a little bit weary of having so much of his screen time trimmed but this really works for the better. The replicant birth does now seem rather unnecessary. All other cuts and trims especially cutting the Frank Sinatra jukebox add to the enjoyment of BR 2049 but i am still undecided whether i'd prefer to keep the Rachael clone scene. Either the Deckard flashback of Rachael scene has to go or the clone scene has to go - you can't have both and P.E chose to remove the clone scene.
All dialogue trims are perfect and as i discussed with Problem Eliminator before i viewed his edit the area in between dialogue allows the space to add Vangelis sublime instrumentation... and every film could do with a little more Vangelis.
I liked the original score - Zimmer has been at the top of his game recently: take the Interstellar, Man of Steel & Dunkirk OST's as reference. I wanted the BR2049 to be a little more emotive and at times in this cut it really works. The roof top kiss between K and Joi is where the new music is a 10/10 absolutely perfect... but there are times when i feel the music is amiss and the original music is better, take for instance - I didn't like the music choice when K first returns to Los Angeles after killing Sapper, it sounded a little too middle eastern and took me out of the cityscape... also the chase scene at the end before Luv's shuttle crashes into the sea i preferred the original and i also preferred the theatrical versions music at the end, which i deemed highly emotional. These are the only three scenes whereby i prefer the original - all other cuts and music choices are spot on.
Well done P.E I'll definitely be watching this version again in the future. Highly recommended

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/blade-runner-2049-new-vangelis-cut/discussions/10108/

Back
Top Bottom