• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman: The Man Who Laughs:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman: The Man Who Laughs:

For many, many years, TDK was my second favorite Batman film behind Batman '89. I decried critics and claimed that every frame was perfect. I watched it probably 50 times or more when I was in college, because it was just so great. Unfortunately, I burned myself out on it so much that I didn't watch it until about a year ago. When I did, it wasn't the perfect masterpiece I'd remembered. Sure, it was still great, but jokes didn't land like they used to for me, and something just wasn't as fun as I'd remembered.

Ryantology found the answer to that problem. He took a film that is arguably already a masterpiece (despite my jaded 50+ viewing outlook on it) and made it EVEN BETTER. The unnecessary jokes are gone, moments are tightened, some neat new additions to the soundtrack, and the removal of that hammy monologue at the end were just perfect. This is officially replacing my blu-ray copy as my go-to version of the film.

The character that benefits most from these nips and tucks is Harvey Dent. Despite having the least amount of screen time cut out of any character in the film, the removal of sillly jokes and slow, unnecessary scenes/lines from other characters makes them more human, giving Eckhardt's performance more room to breathe among less talented peers. I'd also like to mention how seamless and absolutely wonderful the use of the alternate voice takes for Ledger's Joker are. I always liked the alternate delivery better, and man, it really works.

10/10, A++, highly recommended. Probably the definitive version of this film.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/batman-the-man-who-laughs/discussions/10107/

Top Bottom