• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut:

I don't think I will ever consider this a great Star Wars film, but DonKamillo still managed the seemingly impossible - he's made it watchable. Clearing away the cringe debris has allowed some of the better moments to shine brighter. Best of all, he SAVED the character of Luke Skywalker. For that alone, he's a hero.

*spoilers*
The redone first meeting between Luke and Rey feels a bit awkward, but I'm not sure what else could have been done to clean up the original mess. The fight between Luke and Rey is much improved, as is the confrontation between Holdo and Poe. Finn is essentially an afterthought in this edit, but it had to be done. The film is so much better without Canto Bight. One nitpick that remains is that I wish Luke's "laser sword" line was axed. Just a reminder of Rian's disrespect for the legacy of Star Wars.

The ending in this edit is so much better than the original. I imagine Episode 9 will require some major edits to reflect changes to Luke and Leia in this version, but that's a problem for another day. Hopefully they learn from the mistakes of this film. As Yoda said, "the greatest teacher, failure is." Congratulations on a well done edit of an extremely difficult film!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-anti-cringe-cut/discussions/10077/

Top Bottom