If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

November 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Best program for Mac OS High Sierra
(11-15-2018, 09:30 PM)Ryantology Wrote: Hey guys,

I'm seriously having a hell of a time finding the program I need right now and wanted to reach out for some suggestions. Before now I've always just ripped movies from my bluray collection so that I could edit them. I tend to just buy digitally anymore thought which leaves me at a loss because I still want to be able to rip and edit videos from iTunes. I know that there are programs out there for this but I'm really having a hard time finding anything that will work with Mac OS High Sierra. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll be your best friend.

Whatever you do, do NOT update your OS to Mojave!!!!

It has rendered 90% of my legacy apps, including my Adobe Photoshop, Wordperfect and my good old FINAL CUT EXPRESS, completely useless.  Not to mention it has made my MAC slower than molasses.

Going out on Black Friday to see if what deal I can find for a PC... Alienware maybe... but after 30 years, I am through with Apple. Angry

My point being, whatever software you decide upon, make sure to research if it will still work if you plan on ever updating your OS.
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(11-20-2018, 06:36 PM)bionicbob Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 09:30 PM)Ryantology Wrote: Hey guys,

I'm seriously having a hell of a time finding the program I need right now and wanted to reach out for some suggestions. Before now I've always just ripped movies from my bluray collection so that I could edit them. I tend to just buy digitally anymore thought which leaves me at a loss because I still want to be able to rip and edit videos from iTunes. I know that there are programs out there for this but I'm really having a hard time finding anything that will work with Mac OS High Sierra. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll be your best friend.

Whatever you do, do NOT update your OS to Mojave!!!!

It has rendered 90% of my legacy apps, including my Adobe Photoshop, Wordperfect and my good old FINAL CUT EXPRESS, completely useless.  Not to mention it has made my MAC slower than molasses.

Going out on Black Friday to see if what deal I can find for a PC... Alienware maybe... but after 30 years, I am through with Apple. Angry

My point being, whatever software you decide upon, make sure to research if it will still work if you plan on ever updating your OS.

I understand. I usually keep myself an OS behind for about 6 or 7 months and that works. This is the time that I ran into a program that absolutely won’t work. They gave me a refund at least.
Completed- Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Halloween Resurrection: Resurrected, Halloween II (The Likable Characters Cut), Halloween: 10 Years of Terror
ITW- Halloween 2007 (The 1978 cut), A Final Scream (Scream 4 edit), Jaws: The Meg, Boondock Saints II: The PC edit. 
So I'm way behind the times on this... I didn't realize until I read this post that all the iTunes DRM removal programs had stopped working on Macs.

I'm even FURTHER behind the times in realizing that when you download iTunes movies now, they don't come with the .ite file (iTunes extras) anymore.  Meaning, even if you could strip DRM, you won't get the extras - which sometimes include deleted scenes and other extras exclusive to digital.

Point being: Anyone know how to capture iTunes extras these days? [Best I could come up with would be to actually record them off your television via DVD recorder with an Apple TV hooked up - but I'm sure the quality loss would be significant.]
(11-29-2018, 08:58 PM)Dr. Chim Richalds Wrote: Point being: Anyone know how to capture iTunes extras these days? [Best I could come up with would be to actually record them off your television via DVD recorder with an Apple TV hooked up - but I'm sure the quality loss would be significant.]

This would violate our rules.
(11-29-2018, 11:13 PM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 08:58 PM)Dr. Chim Richalds Wrote: Point being: Anyone know how to capture iTunes extras these days? [Best I could come up with would be to actually record them off your television via DVD recorder with an Apple TV hooked up - but I'm sure the quality loss would be significant.]

This would violate our rules.
Noted!  Thank you for the heads up! Do any other digital services that anyone knows of have downloadable extras?