If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Best program for Mac OS High Sierra
Hey guys,

I'm seriously having a hell of a time finding the program I need right now and wanted to reach out for some suggestions. Before now I've always just ripped movies from my bluray collection so that I could edit them. I tend to just buy digitally anymore thought which leaves me at a loss because I still want to be able to rip and edit videos from iTunes. I know that there are programs out there for this but I'm really having a hard time finding anything that will work with Mac OS High Sierra. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll be your best friend.
Completed- David Gordon Green's Halloween, Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Halloween: 10 Years of Terror, Halloween Resurrection: Resurrected, Halloween II (The Likable Characters Cut)
ITW- Weapon X (X-Men Origins: Wolverine edit),  Halloween 2007 (The 1978 cut), A Final Scream (Scream 4 edit), Jaws: Megalodon,  Boondock Saints II: The PC edit. 
I use Tuneskit M4V Converter . I don't have a mac (nor ever planning on it Tongue ) but they do have a mac version as well.

I just wish iTunes movies were more than 6mbps...
(11-15-2018, 11:31 PM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: I use Tuneskit M4V Converter . I don't have a mac (nor ever planning on it Tongue ) but they do have a mac version as well.

I just wish iTunes movies were more than 6mbps...

I’ll probably always have a Mac because I work for Apple. While I’m not required to have one, the discount certainly makes it worth it.  Big Grin That and I’ve gotten really proficient in Final Cut.  I actually purchased TunesKit earlier tonight but it’s having issues running with my OS which is maddening because my OS has been out for over a year. Can’t a guy just rip The Meg for crying out loud! I really want to chop that one up. So yeah, getting kinda frustrated.
Completed- David Gordon Green's Halloween, Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Halloween: 10 Years of Terror, Halloween Resurrection: Resurrected, Halloween II (The Likable Characters Cut)
ITW- Weapon X (X-Men Origins: Wolverine edit),  Halloween 2007 (The 1978 cut), A Final Scream (Scream 4 edit), Jaws: Megalodon,  Boondock Saints II: The PC edit. 
There's also DRM Removal from DVDFab
(11-16-2018, 12:33 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: There's also DRM Removal from DVDFab

Thank you so much! I’m going to check that out and hope I can request a refund for TunesKit since it will be completely unable to assist me.
You could go to the dark side by setting up a VM like VirtualBox with some free-to-use-from-Microsoft environments found here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/mi...tools/vms/ (they're meant for testing web apps and web sites in IE, but it's fully functional temporary Windows, basically on a 90 day trial period that you can re-up)

Then you could use any Windows app in addition to any Mac app. Windows tends to have more open source resources and tools, so if you're hitting a brick wall this may be a saner route.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
(11-16-2018, 09:30 AM)addiesin Wrote: Then you could use any Windows app in addition to any Mac app. Windows tends to have more open source resources and tools, so if you're hitting a brick wall this may be a saner route.

I've only ever found one free DRM removal for itunes amd it is only compatible with am extremely old version and unable to handle HD movies. DRM removal tools are few and far between.
(11-16-2018, 09:59 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 09:30 AM)addiesin Wrote: Then you could use any Windows app in addition to any Mac app. Windows tends to have more open source resources and tools, so if you're hitting a brick wall this may be a saner route.

I've only ever found one free DRM removal for itunes amd it is only compatible with am extremely old version and unable to handle HD movies. DRM removal tools are few and far between.

Ah, I was misunderstanding the point. DRM removal, not ripping blu-rays. My bad.
// IdeasIdea Central //
I’ve been doing research and it appears there really isn’t any DRM removal tools that work with the OS I’m on. Looks like I might have to try VMware even though I really wasn’t planning on it. I really appreciate you guys helping me though!
If you do go the VM route, VirtualBox is free. https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
// IdeasIdea Central //