• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rogue One Prequel Series

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like we're getting more Diego Luna as Cassian!

Rogue-One-Prequel-Star-Wars-Tv-Series-Cassian.jpg

https://tvline.com/2018/11/08/star-wars-rogue-one-prequel-series-disney-streaming-service/

Seeing how they axed previous cannon, I'd love it if Disney made an official survivor cut of Rogue One and kept his story going as a continuation as well. Regardless, this is possibly the most exciting Star Wars news to me right now.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Seeing how they axed previous canon, I'd love it if Disney made an official survivor cut of Rogue One and kept his story going as a continuation as well.

Whoa, heck no, IMHO. That'd be madness. However, I would like to see a secondary character in this series, presumably one who didn't appear in Rogue One, survive to become a focus of post-Scarif/ANH seasons, giving us a view of the actual Rebellion/Galactic Civil War that Rebels so lamely sidestepped.

Also, it seems as though Narcos' Pedro Pascal has been cast as The Mandalorian, meaning that show has apparently been shooting a guy in a helmet for a few weeks now without knowing who'll be underneath, which is... kinda weird, but not the end of the world, I guess. And an io9 commenter makes a decent point.

Untitled.jpg

Regardless, Pascal is awesome, and definitely has the charisma to play a lone-wolf outlaw. I'm not too interested in the post-RotJ era, necessarily, but both these series sound fairly promising, by Disney SW standards.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As I said in the Mandalorian thread, I’m hoping at least one of these shows is targeted squarely for adults in a Game of Thrones way. I don’t necessarily need the violence, but depth of character and themes would be nice. R1 flirted with that so I’m hopeful that with a series it goes heavily in that direction.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
R1 is about seeing the ultimate redemption of a depressed and traumatized murderer who works for the Rebellion. So this show is going to be about Cassian before that? It sounds very dark for Disney, or are they just gonna forget the R1 continuity and make Cassian Han Solo? :D

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
R1 is about seeing the ultimate redemption of a depressed and traumatized murderer who works for the Rebellion. So this show is going to be about Cassian before that? It sounds very dark for Disney, or are they just gonna forget the R1 continuity and make Cassian Han Solo? :D

Yup, hoping for the former, expecting the latter.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
As I said in the Mandalorian thread, I’m hoping at least one of these shows is targeted squarely for adults in a Game of Thrones way. I don’t necessarily need the violence, but a lot of sex and nudity would be nice. R2 flirting with C3PO would be a great addition to the series if it goes heavily in that direction.

Interesting.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
As I said in the Mandalorian thread, I’m hoping at least one of these shows is targeted squarely for adults in a Game of Thrones way. I don’t necessarily need the violence, but a lot of sex and nudity would be nice. R2 flirting with C3PO would be a great addition to the series if it goes heavily in that direction.

Interesting.

I mean Star Wars has already got the brother/sister action of GoT, so why not some hot droid action as well.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I mean Star Wars has already got the brother/sister action of GoT, so why not some hot droid action as well.

giphy.webp

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Seeing how they axed previous cannon, I'd love it if Disney made an official survivor cut of Rogue One and kept his story going as a continuation as well. Regardless, this is possibly the most exciting Star Wars news to me right now.

Speaking of survivor cuts, do you currently have any plans regarding the survivor cut of "Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion" that you once proposed?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like the guy who ran The Americans will be running this show. That’s good news, IMO, as that show is one of the best shows of recent years.

Top Bottom