• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Well, I'm not going home anytime soon. My mother's boyfriend/my stepfather, whom I've complained about before, is a huge biggot and threatened to call the cops on me and my older sibling. So I texted my stepmother, and we packed our bags. We're being picked up now. There's a whole lot more to it.

what the hell.  that sucks man. glad you are getting outta there, but hopefully into better situation.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just found out my family can’t afford to let me go back to college this year. I’m upset. I’m never gonna survive the terrifying dystopian hell world we live in. I’m never going to be happy. I will continue to have to carefully monitor everything I say and do, lest I be perceived a hateful ingrate, or worse, a "fa**ot". I’m going to die alone in bu****ck nowhere, USA.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've deleted the last post and issued a temp ban. Nobody needs to use offensive language here.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't like the idea of mods deleting posts in this thread (which is meant to be a safe space for people going through tough times) for something as trivial as "offensive language" unless it was language directed at someone who was looking for support, in which case why not say the deletion/ban was for attacking another member?

This makes me concerned that this forum might not be the best place for a thread like this.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Guys, please do not discuss moderation here (or elsewhere in public).  If you have a concern send a PM to a staff member.  Additional posts on the topic of bannings will also be deleted and if it continues warnings/infractions/bannings will follow.  Thanks.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, my grandmother died yesterday. We had her funeral today. To be honest it was for the best. She was in terrible pain stuck in the hospital’s intensive care for three months, completely awake. I really hope she lost her consciousness long ago, otherwise I can only imagine how terribly she was feeling. I can honestly say she got free.

I was expecting this for a long time, especially this past year seeing her health rapidly deteriorate. Definitely gonna miss her though.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry for your loss Masi. Wishing you and your family comfort and strength.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very sorry to hear that as well. I've had family members pass after suffering as well and completely understand that feeling that they've been set free.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Well, my grandmother died yesterday. We had her funeral today. To be honest it was for the best. She was in terrible pain stuck in the hospital’s intensive care for three months, completely awake. I really hope she lost her consciousness long ago, otherwise I can only imagine how terribly she was feeling. I can honestly say she got free.

I was expecting this for a long time, especially this past year seeing her health rapidly deteriorate. Definitely gonna miss her though.

I can relate to that situation with my grandmother. My condolences.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sad to hear of her passing. At least her suffering's at an end.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've restored the offending post but edited it the best I can to remove offensive words: https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=17578&pid=341472#pid341472

The admin team has discussed the matter and decided to lift @"suspiciouscoffee" 's ban after hearing more about where it was coming from but a warning has been given.

Everybody: Please continue free and frank discussion in this thread but please do it without using hateful language. I'm sure we can express ourselves without it.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Just found out my family can’t afford to let me go back to college this year. I’m upset. I’m never gonna survive the terrifying dystopian hell world we live in. I’m never going to be happy. I will continue to have to carefully monitor everything I say and do, lest I be perceived a hateful ingrate, or worse, a "fa**ot". I’m going to die alone in bu****ck nowhere, USA.

hey man, soon enough you might get a job and eventually move out! your life won't end where you are. it is very terrible that you'll be living an unhappy life for some time, though. maybe try to always be busy? being busy helps to cope with stuff. and be busy while not at home. after you take some time, and when your mind is a bit clearer, i'm sure you'll work something out to gain control over your life and move out and away from your family. you're a smart guy, and we'll always be here for you.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe he's said here that he works...for his father. I can understand there being some complications with switching to a different job. Coffee, do you drive? Would it be feasibly possible to leave if there came a time when you could afford to stay elsewhere?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very sorry masirimso.

Possessed, no.

jrWHAG, that job’s just a summer gig, it’s nearly over. hopefully i’ll get another job before long. i do drive, but i share a car with my triplet siblings, which is tricky

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masi - very sorry to hear it but glad she's not suffering anymore. My grandma left in much the same prolonged way. My best to your family.

Coffee - sorry too to hear of that situation. I don't know your folks' situation but my favorite financial adviser used to say, "they make student loans but not retirement loans". They gotta do what they gotta do. Same for you. Suffer at home a bit while you save up. Move out and get a job and save more slowly or accrue student loan debt. But I wish you luck!

Top Bottom