• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
Sorry.  I didn't realize that was a no no  on this forum.    In fact, on another forum,  people complained that I used the quote button too much.     I will do as you say.

Was it the Kelvin timeline version of this one?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
jrWHAG42 said:
Yeah, did you get to meet Spider Man?

I don't get it.

You mentioned living through the Civil War, so I mentioned Spider-Man, who was involved in Marvel's Civil War in the comics and movie.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
I wonder if there is an app that suspiciouscoffee could download that could make the tracking on his phone say he was in a different place than where he really was? 

The trouble with turning the phone off is it bound the raise the suspicions of his already way over suspicious parents.

I have a better solution. Rent the phone to someone else at your college for thirty bucks a month. Get your own phone for thirty bucks a month. Problem solved permanently.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Except when his parents call and he doesn't answer.  I thought about that scenario already papa d and it didn't end well.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Warbler said:
Sorry.  I didn't realize that was a no no  on this forum.    In fact, on another forum,  people complained that I used the quote button too much.     I will do as you say.

Was it the Kelvin timeline version of this one?

possibly.

dahmage said:
Warbler said:
I wonder if there is an app that suspiciouscoffee could download that could make the tracking on his phone say he was in a different place than where he really was? 

The trouble with turning the phone off is it bound the raise the suspicions of his already way over suspicious parents.

I have a better solution. Rent the phone to someone else at your college for thirty bucks a month. Get your own phone for thirty bucks a month. Problem solved permanently.

Unless the person you rented the phone to went somewhere your parents didn’t want you going.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Dad I swear I didn't eat sushi!"

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In more news: apparently my mom likes to tell my brother that I hate her.  Like, frequently.

:)))))))))

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't think you should have to listen to people who think you hate them when you're trying so hard to appease them.  At some point you have to resign yourself to the fact that (as far as I can tell) nothing you can do will make them think otherwise.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got a lengthy email from mom.  Half apologizing for something vague, half telling me I hurt her and she can "feel" that I'm keeping secrets from her.  I don't have the emotional energy to reply right now.

Same as it ever was.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
had a rough day today
my 80 year old father had a significant stroke and he still cant move his left arm or leg at all
ive been his caregiver for 3 years now and thats all i have done.
now me and my brother have convinced him to finally let go of control and move into the same
nursing hom as mom.
 as much as i complain bout being here 24/7 its still hurts and is gonna be hard to start moving on.
this is all ive known for 3 years.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"jswert123456" I feel you man, very sorry about that. My sympathies...

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
@"jswert123456" I feel you man, very sorry about that. My sympathies...

Ditto,  very much ditto.

Being your father’s caregiver for 3 years, is quite the act of love.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^/^^ what they said. Sorry to hear it jswert.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ditto.  Best wishes.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so update on my dad, i had to call and give consent to put a feeding tube in his nose
cause he still cant pass a swallow test.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry you have to go through all that, man. My parents are still fairly young, so I can't imagine what that's like.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I quit my job today.  I just couldn't handle the enormous amount of stress I was under for such a low pay anymore.  Even the process of being unemployed and finding a new job is less stressful.  It was to the point that i was feeling such intense dread every morning before going in that I literally felt sick every morning and this had been going on for quite some time.  I don't know what I'm going to do,  but I'd rather be on the streets than keep living with such daily dread.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, that sucks that the job got so stressful, but good for you to make a decision to change your situation.  Best wishes figuring out next steps.

Top Bottom