• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

jrWHAG's movie list

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A while ago, I began to write a list of movies that I want to watch. These are movies I've never seen, movies, movies I fell asleep to, movies that I saw but I was too young to remember them, and movies I saw but was on my phone the whole time thus didn't see them properly.
I haven't updated the list in a while, I sorta forgot about it. Give it a look, and give me more suggestions!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._xGCVxOrv_YohUrnqubaUtelE6E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks! I'll look into it!

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I use Reelgood to track movies I'm interested in. It also finds which streaming services have them available or where you can rent/buy them digitally.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
<snip> I watched Man on the Moon having not done extensive research on Andy Kaufman first... <snip>

Did you see "Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond"? That sucker was awesome.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
jrWHAG42 said:
<snip> I watched Man on the Moon having not done extensive research on Andy Kaufman first... <snip>

Did you see "Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond"? That sucker was awesome.

Heck yes. I actually watched it twice a couple days apart, the second time because I needed someone else to watch it.
It's great.

Also, now I have Man on the Moon by R.E.M stuck in my head.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I wanted a good horror movie that would scare me or unsettle me...

Neg recommends...

Audition (1999)
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970)
Creep (2014)
Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)
House (1977)
Maniac (1980)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was actually planning on watching Audition, it was on a list of 8 Asian horror movies that Hollywood hasn't remade. Having Neg recommend it seals the deal.

House and Creep, I've also heard of and have been meaning to watch. House 2 more specifically, has been suggested, I know nothing about the first one. Creep came up on reddit the other day when I was looking for horror movies that are actually scary, though I'd heard about it prior.

Maniac and Henry--Portrait of a Serial Killer, I've heard the names, know nothing about.

The Bird With the Crystal Plumage is the only one I haven't heard of.

Thank you very much, I will definitely try to watch these all.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The House I meant is the Japanese one, Hausu.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, neat! I had no idea this existed, I will definitely look into it.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick, I need suggestions for slasher movies.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Black Christmas (original)
Tenebre
Behind the Mask
Maniac (original)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, Tenebre seems really interesting.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you haven't seen it, check out Phenomena with Jennifer Connelly. It's like every Stephen King story ever written, Friday the 13th, and '80s rock video condensed into one modern art masterpiece.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, I ended up watching High Tension, but I'm definitely going to keep all of these suggestions in mind for future reference. I really appreciate it.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. I don't think I'd consider it a slasher, but Neglify had mentioned it in the past, so naturally I was interested when my father suggested watching it.
It was really good, really unsettling, and I feel weird after watching it. The cinematography was great, though the music and sound effects during the killings were kinda unfitting. There was one shot where it cut to an obviously fake head, and that was jarring and out of place. But other than those minor things, I loved it. Horror movies don't often make me feel things, so I give it extra points for that.

Top Bottom