• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:

You think Ditko deliberately designed the suit with webbing patterns to be as frustrating as possible?
[/quote]

It's called job security.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
0402191057b2.jpg

Maximum cuteness Megaman.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's just the Orgone energy escaping the top of his head, if he was wearing an energy dome it would be recirculated and he'd probably feel a lot better, but only if properly suspended above the cranium.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a page I did of Jack Kirby's Forever People and Infinity Man.  Probably confusing as hell to people unfamiliar with the group, but basically they yell a magic word and are dimensionally displaced to bring a superhero to the scene.  Think Captain Marvel/Shazam! but weirder and from space.

ZR94L0ml.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure whats next with this, if I should add something for a foreground? A ufo in the sky? Should the colors on the bottom 3rd mirror the sky instead of almost going with the sky? (Camera wasn't too forgiving, the first detail is pretty close tho):
BKaM8Mq.jpg

details:
zWnnmtu.jpg

r4ohDoT.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ that looks really cool, Rogue!  Honestly, I think it may look best left as you have it. It's a pretty lovely minimal composition.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great work on his face! You ever try doing a superman portrait?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I find that a lot of my drawings of characters and people end up as portraits, I never realize just how big I've drawn them.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Sounds like you need to investigate 'blocking things out'. Basically lightly drawing a rectangle where you want the figure to be and fitting the character inside it then erase the rectangle. I make that mistake too and its always when I forget to block things in (I think thats what its called) and I'll have to erase it all and start over. DON'T BE AFRAiD TO ERASE AND START OVER. "fear is the mind killer".

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
^ Sounds like you need to investigate 'blocking things out'. Basically lightly drawing a rectangle where you want the figure to be and fitting the character inside it then erase the rectangle. I make that mistake too and its always when I forget to block things in (I think thats what its called) and I'll have to erase it all and start over. DON'T BE AFRAiD TO ERASE AND START OVER. "fear is the mind killer".

I actually never thought of that! Definitely going to try blocking things out in a picture when I get home.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A poster for Edward Scissorhands:
D3w89Qy.jpg

I used gray ink on his face before adding black ink, I think I'll have to do that again.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found a copy of this at a thrift store for 4 bucks, soon to go somewhere in my hall where all the medieval/fantasy/map stuff goes, tho this is the first picture going in there that isn't my own work which makes me feel a bit lazy.
god-speed-edmund-blair-leighton.jpg

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Great work on his face! You ever try doing a superman portrait?

Once.  It didn't turn out so good.  I'll probably try again before too long.

Top Bottom