• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Please help my 8yr old win a TV contest

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't usually do this, but I'd be grateful if you could spend a minute and help my 8 year old daughter win a Facebook competition. She is a finalist to win a TV commercial for a local furniture store. There are 3 finalists and she is the only solo competitor, so she's already at a disadvantage. She loves to sing but is usually quite shy, so I'd love for her to win and boost her confidence.

All you have to do is go to the link below and share it:

It looks like you can share it multiple times, if you are feeling generous and don't mind spamming your own Facebook page :)

Thanks for your help. The contest is open for a week. I'll update next week with the results.

Cheers.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Her numbers are going up, so thank you to those who participated already. Coincidentally, it's her 9th birthday next Friday, so it would really make her day. Cheers again.[/font]

I'm locking this thread if you don't change the thread title next Friday.  :p

:D

That song will stay in your head forever, BTW. She was practicing all week for that video. Don't let that stop you from sharing, though. Thanks.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Even though the views on her video are way below the others (500ish as opposed to 2K & 3K), she's getting a good number of shares. Thanks for your help, everyone. The contest lasts all week.[/font]

Proud Dad here again. I've set up a Facebook page for my daughter. Please help her win by sharing. Thanks again.

Please share. Thanks.

Just another proud Dad bump. Don’t mind me.

My Daily Bump. The contest ends Thursday morning, so if you can share her video on your FB page before then, I'd greatly appreciate it. Her video has to be shared directly from her video, not a share of your post, for the vote to count.

Thanks again.

Team LEILA FB page

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Another quick bump for my daughter's FB page, about her chance to win a TV commercial. She's in 2nd place right now. All shares of her video help. Thanks again.[/font]

Great to hear she's doing so well!  I'm not on Facebook, but I'd help if I could.

Garp said:
The context ends tomorrow morning

Can we then take it to The Out of Context thread?  :p

So, she won 2nd place, a 15 second TV commercial and an "in-kind donation" of $300. Not sure what that means, but if it's from a furniture store, perhaps we get an armchair (?).

Anyway, thanks for those of you who helped by sharing her video. She is as excited as a nearly-9-year-old girl can be!

Cheers again.

Back
Top Bottom