• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Filmstruck shutting down

MPAA Challenger said:
baileym43 said:
the dude who figures out how to package a bunch or all the streaming services under one umbrella is going to become bigger than Bill Gates.
it would be basically be the reinvention of cable television.
"i subscribe to Golden Streams and get access to a dozen or so streaming services under one bill." you'll say.

Or...

wouldn't it be great if this crazy arms race ends up in a bloodbath, and then only netflix and amazon remain, and they both merge and form amazonetflixxx, and that's the umbrella?

Unfortunately that would be a monopoly, and thus worse than what we have now.

This wonderfully edited Kubrick-inspired trailer for Criterion's new streaming offering has dropped:

By "complete editions" I assume they saying all the bonus features will be uploaded too? If so, that's a new proposition to the streaming market as far as I'm aware.

As expected, the filmstruck niche will re-surface among the many offerings of the long-awaited WarnerMedia streaming service, finally unveiled as "HBO Max":

"HBO Max brings together HBO, a Robust Slate of New Originals, and Programming from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes and More to offer Something for Everyone in the Home."

https://www.warnermediagroup.com/ne...ames-upcoming-direct-consumer-service-hbo-max

Back
Top Bottom