• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Your favorite games

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, i thought i might as well start this thread.

i LOVE Assassin's Creed. the series is a favorite of mine since i played the first game back in 2010. i love all of them up until Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, from 2013. the rest feels like Ubisoft just trying to take my money. i did buy Rogue, Unity and Syndicate and played all of them, but i didn't love them as much as i loved the first 6 games.

i also love the Batman Arkham series. City is for sure my favorite, followed by Asylum and Origins. the remastered version for the new gen consoles was gorgeous too, but it's 30fps as opposed to the original games' 60fps. that doesn't really affect as much once you get used to it, but still. i thought Arkham Knight was very repetitive and got boring pretty quickly with the batmobile and all, and i wasn't much of a fan of the story, either. it was still pretty fun.

i love Call of Duty too, but honestly, it died in 2013 with Ghosts. that game gets a lot of criticism, well deserved for the multiplayer, but the campaign is marvelous. honestly. and that was the last CoD game i feel had a good campaign. multiplayer-wise, the last one i really enjoyed was Black Ops II, in 2012. it's a bit sad that CoD is where it's at right now. i have over 7 months played if you add up my playtime from all my CoDs, so yeah.

i really like Rockstar's GTA (IV is my favorite, but V is quite fun. San Andreas and III are classics, too) and Red Dead Redemption. i still hahe to get Red Dead 2, since i loved the first game. 

KotOR, LEGO Star Wars and the first 2 Battlefronts come to mind when i think of star wars games.

anyway, pretty lengthy post out of the way, what are your favorite games?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm more into what is now called retro games. These are what I'd boil down to be my favorite.

SNES
Chrono Trigger - The best, period. I still play this at least annually, though not always all the way through.
Earthbound - Pokemon without the Pokemon. 
Donkey Kong Country - I don't remember what I had for breakfast today, but I remember where the secret bananas are and how to get them.

N64
Zelda - One of the first games I beat on my own.
Smash Bros - Played from middle school through college. Not interested in sequels, though I own some and have played most. The N64 version is my version.
Starfox - Lots of replayability if you want to go through all possible paths, and when I had time to do that, I did it. Great memories.

PC/modern-ish
Portal - Puzzle shooter with no bullets makes you feel smart.
Bioshock - Alternate reality with science magic helps tone down the FPS elements (I'm not an fps fan).
Dishonored - So I'm a fan of this FPS... Lol

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really game anymore, but I remember liking these:

NES:
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventures of Link
XEXYZ
Gyrus
Bucky O'Hare
Super Mario Bros 3
Mega Man 2
Final Fantasy Mystic Quesy
SNES:
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World & Allstars
Super Metroid
Harley's Humongous Adventures
Breath of Fire 1 & 2
Super Star Wars series
N64:
Ocarina of Time
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Episode 1 Pod Racer
Cruis'n USA
Golden Eye
Perfect Dark
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
PSX:
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Crash Team Racing
FF8
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Underground
Vagrant Story
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
PS2:
Shadow of the Colossus (possibly favorite of all time)
Dark Cloud
Baldurs Gate 2
Medal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Medal of Honor Frontline (got this a day earlier than release date and thought I was really cool :))
Gauntlet Legends
Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart
Crash Tag Team Racing
Jack & Daxter series (possibly favorite platformer of all time)
PC:
Episode 1 Pod Racer
Star Wars Battlefront series
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Brothers in Arms Series
Arcade:
TMNT
Star Wars
The Simpsons
X-Men
Cruis'n USA
Avengers
Street Fighter II
Black Tiger
Shinobi
Bucky O'Hare
Rolling Thunder
Willow
Knights of the Round
The King of Dragons
The Punisher

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Megaman 5
Megaman 7
Megaman 11
Zelda 2
Graffiti Kingdom 
I'm drawing a blank now. I like other games, but I'm drawing a blank.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All I play anymore is Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes.

I got @"doubleofive" in my guild once upon a time but he lost interest.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really play many games these days.  However, I've always been a fan of The Sims 2, Sid Meier's Civilization V, and have had a very long love/hate relationship with that stupid RuneScape MMO.  Oh, and if it's on a Nintendo system, there's a good bet it's a lot of fun.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well i bet i'm younger than you guys so that'd be the reason for different generation of games and all. i've never even played most of the games that have been mentioned so far :O

i used to really like The Sims 3 from 2010-2012. was one of my favorites in that period for sure. i only played 2 on the PS2.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorites you ask?

Super Mario Bros 3 (snes version)
Yoshis island(modded to mute the baby's crying)
Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask 
Mega Man 3
Mega Man X 1-3 (Zero Project for 3)
Super Mario Galaxy 
Super Mario Rpg
The first 3 Paper Mario games 
Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past 
Donkey Kong Country 2
Starfox Zero 
Starfox Assault 

Honorable Mentions:
Super Mario Bros (Super Mario all Stars version modded to have the Nes games physics)
Super Mario World 
Super Mario 64
The other 5 Mega Man games for nes and Mega man 7
Mega Man X4, x5 (modded to remove some irritating features) and X8
Donkey Kong Country 
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Starfox 64
Starfox Adventures (the Zelda one)
Conkers Bad Fur Day 
Mario Party trilogy for N64 for parties
Any Mario kart or Mario tennis

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, derr, I'm forgetting Shadow of the Colossus.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
i used to really like The Sims 3 from 2010-2012. was one of my favorites in that period for sure. i only played 2 on the PS2.

Sorry to say, but you've never really played The Sims. That is, the game I fell in love with.  I spent a lot of time playing Sims 3, got a lot of expansions, and really tried to love it. Here's the proof.  But, they just don't have the same kind of wackiness they did in prior games, and it was nowhere near as challenging to manage them.  It got boring fast.  Add on to this, the fact that the game is unstable as hell on modern systems that it'll run like shit no matter how nice a system you've got, and I just don't have the desire to revisit it.

The Sims in the Sims 2 are just so charmingly weird.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
well i bet i'm younger than you guys so that'd be the reason for different generation of games and all. i've never even played most of the games that have been mentioned so far :O

I guarantee I'm younger than everyone here. That's no excuse.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Elite' on the ZX Spectrum was my favourite game growing up.

Years later, I'm still looking for a similar experience ('Freelancer' on PC came close).

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Collipso said:

I guarantee I'm younger than everyone here. That's no excuse.

I'm 2 and a half.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah but that's 17-18 cat years.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well if somebody would let me go outside more maybe I wouldn't be so bored and acting out

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
well, i thought i might as well start this thread.

i LOVE Assassin's Creed. the series is a favorite of mine since i played the first game back in 2010. i love all of them up until Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, from 2013. the rest feels like Ubisoft just trying to take my money. i did buy Rogue, Unity and Syndicate and played all of them, but i didn't love them as much as i loved the first 6 games.

I played all AC games up until Black Flag and I enjoyed them all, but I have to say that after Revelations, it didn't feel like Assassin's Creed to me anymore. The whole Templar vs. Assassins angle gets kind of lost in III. And IV is more of a pirate game than an AC game, but it's a fantastic pirate game.
I didn't bother with Rouge, but I picked up Unity long after its release when it was cheaper and it wasn't bad at all. Solving the murder sidestory was my favorite part. It didn't quite capture the same feel as the older ones, though. I guess that's because it takes place much closer to the present. That's why I didn't buy Syndicate, but I'm interested in Origins. I hope I can get it for cheap later this year.
The first AC always felt the best to me, even though the missions were repetitive and the gameplay not as refined as in the following installments, but it really captured the spirit of these secret societies fifhting in the shadows. Starting with II, the Templars became much more standard baddies, which is a shame.

Top Bottom