• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rebuilding Audio Help

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello all, I’ve been going through the forums on audio editing and haven’t really gotten any results in separating audio from music so far. Instead of trying to isolate things I’ve heard it may be a bit easier to just rebuild the sfx from scratch and add new music, BUT how exactly do I find these effects libraries like say I’m doing a Batman edit and need sfx of the grapple gun, I can get them from one of the Arkham games for example. 

Thanks

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I usually just Google specifics and then use whatever is available or repurposed the effect from another place in the source material.

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the tips guys, I’ll check those out. On a related note I’ve noticed that many were able to rescore a scene but still keep dialogue pretty clear, how is this possible if music often is also present on the track ? my main issue is separating dialogue from the existing music. I can find sfx and replacement music as suggested but it’s that damn dialogue that I don’t know how to isolate or at least make more prominent

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Horrifyingly Hillarous said:
Thanks for the tips guys, I’ll check those out. On a related note I’ve noticed that many were able to rescore a scene but still keep dialogue pretty clear, how is this possible if music often is also present on the track ? my main issue is separating dialogue from the existing music. I can find sfx and replacement music as suggested but it’s that damn dialogue that I don’t know how to isolate or at least make more prominent

If you're using surround sound, you can load the file(s) into Audacity or another sound editing program. There will be six tracks, the third one is usually the center track and if you're lucky it won't have music. If your luck is average it will have some light music. If you have bad luck then music may bleed straight through. Editing this way is slow and meticulous but not a guaranteed failure. If you're using stereo audio, you're completely out of luck. Check the big thread for my explanations of three or four options, starting with this post. 

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Horrifyingly Hillarous said:

If you're using surround sound, you can load the file(s) into Audacity or another sound editing program. There will be six tracks, the third one is usually the center track and if you're lucky it won't have music. If your luck is average it will have some light music. If you have bad luck then music may bleed straight through. Editing this way is slow and meticulous but not a guaranteed failure. If you're using stereo audio, you're completely out of luck. Check the big thread for my explanations of three or four options, starting with this post. 

Thanks, I usually just rip everything with 5.1 surround sound so it’s mostly stuff bleeding through

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, this video I made a few years back on audio editing may help a little ;)

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I’ve seperated all of my tracks and as expected there is left over music on the center channel my question is how can this be removed or made less prominent for rescoring ? I have audacity but don’t know the processes, any thoughts ?

Thanks

Top Bottom