• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fan edits Marvel Movies into weekly series.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if this has been noted before....

A fan editor made some news online news, Screenrant reports an editor named Samuel Masters is editing the entire Marvel Universe movie franchise into a weekly tv series.
https://screenrant.com/mcutv-fan-edit-watch-online-episodes/

Several episodes are available, though I have not watched them yet, so I can not speak to their quality....
*link removed*

I find it fascinating how Fan Editing has become so mainstream and out in the open... how times have changed.  :)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Removed the second link as it led to direct download links.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I noticed a few audio pops in the first episode...anyone else have that trouble?

And yeah, he needs simpler end credits. The ones that zoom past are distractedly comical.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is fun! I liked the first episode. Thanks for the heads-up, Bob!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
I noticed a few audio pops in the first episode...anyone else have that trouble?

And yeah, he needs simpler end credits. The ones that zoom past are distractedly comical.

Yes, there is a very annoying hissing and popping background noise, it is particularly noticeable during the Captain America segments.
And I agree with you about his end credits choice.

Otherwise, I found the first episode very enjoyable.  I thought he made some brilliant choices in his sequencing of the various movies together and the dramatic transitions from movie to movie worked exceptionally well.  I will definitely watch more.

oh... and I completely forgot Jenna Coleman had been in Captain America!!! lol

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He transformed the entirety of the MCU's Phase 1 into a multi-episode dramatic TV series and four episodes are available to view as of this writing. A new episode will come out each week, leading up to Joss Whedon's The Avengers.

This reeks of a viral marketing stunt.

samlmasters

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, I’m Sam, the MCUTV fan editor. 

Really cool to see the project is already being discussed here. This is actually my first significant editing project so I’d really love to hear any feedback you might have. 

Struggling with the audio issues with Captain America atm, it seems to be in multiple versions I have of the film, perhaps from the blu-ray ripping process. Any advice around this would be amazing, but I am potentially partnering up with a more professional editor than myself to help polish up the episodes on a technical level.

Interested in the feedback re: end credits. Intended it to be slightly comical (due to the amount of credits of all films combined, which will grow with each phase), but keen to hear any other ideas or suggestions for improvement around this.

Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss the project either here or via email (unofficialmcu@gmail.com). I’d also really like to submit the edit to this site, but as I am very new to fan editing and fanedit.org I’m not sure what the procedure is for this.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
samlmasters said:
Hi, I’m Sam, the MCUTV fan editor. 
 I am very new to fan editing and fanedit.org I’m not sure what the procedure is for this.

Welcome Sam. Best place to start is here.

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rulespages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

You'll need to make a project thread in the ITW subforum and share basic info about your edit there (edit list, trailer, poster art, disc art, etc.). Other members can share feedback there. Once the thread is formed and you have completed the edit you will need to contact @"DominicCobb" regarding submitting to the academy for review.

Again welcome and feel free to PM a staff member if you have any questions  :)

Top Bottom