If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

SEPTEMBER 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Amazon Prime Video as source?
This may seem an odd question, but I'm trying to find out if it's possible to use videos purchase on the Amazon Prime Video platform as source for edits.

I haven't been able to find anything useful on this topic in my searches so far (which have mainly suggested the unpalatable approach of "play the videostream at fullscreen in your browser, and run a screencapture tool"), and am trying to determine whether this is a feasible approach for me when it comes to frugal but legitimate source acquisition.
Currently underway: Aberrant  - A Disturbing Behaviour double feature |
Planning/in preparation: Scott Pilgrim Vs The World - 11 Evil Exes Edition v2 | The Shadow Over Innsmouth (Dagon) v2| Eurotrip: The Long Way Round v2
Completed: IFDB Listing | Ideas thread
(10-08-2018, 04:31 AM)That One Guy Wrote: "play the videostream at fullscreen in your browser, and run a screencapture tool"

As per our rules, this approach is not allowed. Due to the nature of digital copies, the only real viable solution is to use iTunes and a DMR removal tool. If you have further questions regarding our own the source rule please contact a staff member via PM.
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my first post - I am 100% in agreement with the rules re: screenscraping for sources, and it wasn't my intention to suggest otherwise.

My question is rather whether there is any alternative method (e.g. a local download on an Android device or something like that) that would allow practical use of a purchased video on the Amazon Prime Video platform as a source file. Thus far my conclusion is that APV is a non-starter for use as a source file, but if I do find an approach which works out and fits the rules I'll post in this thread.
Currently underway: Aberrant  - A Disturbing Behaviour double feature |
Planning/in preparation: Scott Pilgrim Vs The World - 11 Evil Exes Edition v2 | The Shadow Over Innsmouth (Dagon) v2| Eurotrip: The Long Way Round v2
Completed: IFDB Listing | Ideas thread
I believe you can download Amazon and GP videos, but I'm not sure what they download as or if they are accessible to windows computers.