• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Amazon Prime Video as source?

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This may seem an odd question, but I'm trying to find out if it's possible to use videos purchase on the Amazon Prime Video platform as source for edits.

I haven't been able to find anything useful on this topic in my searches so far (which have mainly suggested the unpalatable approach of "play the videostream at fullscreen in your browser, and run a screencapture tool"), and am trying to determine whether this is a feasible approach for me when it comes to frugal but legitimate source acquisition.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
"play the videostream at fullscreen in your browser, and run a screencapture tool"

As per our rules, this approach is not allowed. Due to the nature of digital copies, the only real viable solution is to use iTunes and a DMR removal tool. If you have further questions regarding our own the source rule please contact a staff member via PM.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my first post - I am 100% in agreement with the rules re: screenscraping for sources, and it wasn't my intention to suggest otherwise.

My question is rather whether there is any alternative method (e.g. a local download on an Android device or something like that) that would allow practical use of a purchased video on the Amazon Prime Video platform as a source file. Thus far my conclusion is that APV is a non-starter for use as a source file, but if I do find an approach which works out and fits the rules I'll post in this thread.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe you can download Amazon and GP videos, but I'm not sure what they download as or if they are accessible to windows computers.

Top Bottom