• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut:

Ok - cards on the table here folks...
I'm not a Star Wars anorak; Yes I've seen them all from the original in '77. Like most people, for me the 3 Prequels almost ruined the 'original' 3.
Bottom line - I like to watch a good story that's well told; effects and big name actors can't save a crap film.
SO, to say I was disappointed with TLJ's Theatre release is an understatement - I hated it... never wanted to see it again, etc etc.
I was wary in reading thru' the various Fan Edits here, but this one caught my eye... 'Anti_Cringe-Cut' ? Sounds interesting and it should be a somewhat shorter film too [given the amount of cringe in it!]
I really can't believe the job DonKamillo has done here - he has actually rescued TLJ from the Knacker's Yard!

Stupid attempts at humour - gone
F***in' Porgs! - [almost all] gone
Ach-To Caretakers [also, almost all] gone - But I could really have slept quite soundly without the hooley-around-the-campfire scene!
Canto-Bight's unneccessary side story - gone [praise the gods!]
Rose - hmmm. Personally I've no real issue with Rose BUT having removed Canto maybe she could have been omitted altogether - I'm unsure if that's possible tho'.
Lastly gone, and the scene that MOST annoyed me in TLJ [and that's saying something!] Leia's post-sucking-out scene is her last [well, pretty much]
I HATED the original flying Leia scene SO much.

If I could wish into being one other scene revision/alteration it'd be the corny red background/backdrop to Snoke's chamber [or whatever it's called] and the stupid looking praetorian-ish guards he has... ahem, 'guarding' him.
C'mon guys, it makes a school drama look like a major production. I mean Plain-red featureless walls? what happened, imagination took a holiday or what? [Sorry, I needed to vent there!]

THIS is the way I would have preferred to see TLJ in cinema's - the story makes sense now, no superfluous rubbish.
THIS should be your Go-To version - no doubts from me anyhow!

A couple of words to Maestro DonKamillo...
I'd respectfully suggest that to use your 'alternate poster' artwork as your sleeve art; the other 2 artworks have a tatty looking 'The Anti-Cringe Cut' insert in the bottom right corner that cheapens this astounding work - you do yourself a disservice with it, sir!
Also - I'm unsure how you're going to handle the forthcoming Episode 9 whenever it arrives; I have a feeling the narrative may well not flow at all well from this ACC to Ep9 - having said that, at least THIS is now watchable!

Well Done and congratulations on your wizardry ;)

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-anti-cringe-cut/discussions/10028/

Back
Top Bottom