• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Adam Dens Wins August 2018 FEOTM

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the discussion thread for Adam Dens Wins August 2018 FEOTM. Post away!

This month's Favorite Edit of the Month comes from first time faneditor Adam Dens.

A new edit of The Hobbit, two years in the making, inspired by the original two-film script. The first film, The Gathering of the Clouds, tells the story of Bilbo, who is whisked away on an adventure to save the homeland of a band of thirteen dwarves by Gandalf the wizard. During his travels Bilbo discovers his own resourcefulness and courage, as a plot unfolds that might affect all the lands of Middle-Earth.

The second film, There and Back Again, sees Bilbo and his companions tested as their adventure takes an unwelcome turn. Their quest becomes entangled in a battle for the fate of Middle-Earth. And yet, the greatest dangers may lie within. This high quality edit provides a more focused telling of the classic story, with completely restructured and even partially rewritten plot lines. It is heavily inspired by Tolkien lore. Each film has a clear beginning, middle, and end, both in plot lines and character arcs. The tone is more similar to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and it's color correction has been completely redone to create a visually consistent, five part saga.

Congratulations to Adam Dens on his win!

The Hobbit on IMDB
The Hobbit: The Original Two-Film Structure on IFDB
Join the Forum Discussion

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations Mr Adam Dens - I still haven't managed to watch your edit but will do as soon as I find the time. I knew my Mars edit wouldn't stand a chance of FEOTM once this was released :D pssss Did I get any votes :p

AdamDens

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This really means a lot to me, thanks so much to everyone who voted, and thanks everyone for the kind reactions! It's an honor!

Top Bottom