If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Mandalorian (2019)
(05-09-2020, 01:12 PM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: Doesn’t make it any less true that death has lost all dramatic function in this fictional universe. Force ghosts, implausible to impossible survivals, a “memory,” or implausible to impossible resurrection... there’s no stakes anymore.

Yeah, the dramatic function of BUUURP

So in the case of Boba Fett specifically his death was devoid of meaning so I don't think his return is that big of a deal. It was expected anyway.

But as a general Star Wars criticism I completely agree with you. Similar to how nearly no one dies in Marvel movies too. I love 'em, but the dramatic stakes are not as high anymore when death is not permanant, and even if it is... just make a prequel/clone/alternate universe version lolz!
[+] 2 users Like Masirimso17's post
There used to be a saying that no one stays dead in comics except for Bucky Barnes, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben. Now it's down to just Uncle Ben.
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
[+] 1 user Likes hbenthow's post
(05-09-2020, 03:32 PM)hbenthow Wrote: There used to be a saying that no one stays dead in comics except for Bucky Barnes, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben. Now it's down to just Uncle Ben.

And he’s the best one!

[Image: latest?cb=20190324222258]
[+] 1 user Likes Moe_Syzlak's post
Season 2 trailer:

Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
[+] 2 users Like hbenthow's post
^ Cool, talking Banthas! (00.37) Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like TM2YC's post
(09-15-2020, 12:39 PM)hbenthow Wrote: Season 2 trailer:

Thank you for the heads-up!
[+] 1 user Likes hothstation's post
(09-15-2020, 12:39 PM)hbenthow Wrote: Season 2 trailer:

I got soo hyped for this. Also love how they referenced the Mandalorian Wars from Knights of the Old Republic lore! I was just short of squealing like a little girl lol