• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Mandalorian (2019)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
hbenthow said:
SlashFilm is reporting that Rosario Dawson has been cast to play Ahsoka Tano in season 2 of "The Mandalorian".

https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-mandalorian/

On the one hand, it's clearly good casting. But on the other, I just can't be happy that someone as viciously transphobic as Dawson was cast. :(

^ In your opinion.

Let the courts settle what you are referring to (it might be true, it might not be. I don't know. You don't know) and let's just talk about The Mandalorian. End of discussion.

----------------------------------

Despite this already being out in the US for ages, I read Disney+ are still going to drip feed it after the UK launch. B*stards.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
SlashFilm is reporting that Rosario Dawson has been cast to play Ahsoka Tano in season 2 of "The Mandalorian".

https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-mandalorian/

Admittedly I know little of the character. But I’m a bit concerned about bringing a character like this into this series. What worked for me about this series was that it was familiar Star Wars but with all new characters. That’s mostly true of Rogue One as well, which I also consider to be among the best post OT content. I’d prefer the show stay with it’s own storylines rather than try to intertwine with existing storylines. I fear the casting of a well known actress in the role of a (seemingly) fan favorite character does not bode well for the series retaining its own identity.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Does no one stay dead in this galaxy!?

Ha! To be fair Boba was confirmed to be alive in both Legends and Canon since... well, after Return of the Jedi lol!

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Ha! To be fair Boba was confirmed to be alive in both Legends and Canon since... well, after Return of the Jedi lol!

Doesn’t make it any less true that death has lost all dramatic function in this fictional universe. Force ghosts, implausible to impossible survivals, a “memory,” or implausible to impossible resurrection... there’s no stakes anymore.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Masirimso17 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Doesn’t make it any less true that death has lost all dramatic function in this fictional universe. Force ghosts, implausible to impossible survivals, a “memory,” or implausible to impossible resurrection... there’s no stakes anymore.

I'm personally fine with character resurrection as long as they do something interesting with it (e.g Boba Fett in Legends).

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to say that I don't like death being meaningless, but at the same time, I don't want my favorite characters to die. If Qui Gon came back to life, or if his force ghost played a major part in a movie, then I'd be extremely happy.

I must say though, I'm not a fan of Boba Fett. In the movies he's a side character with a couple of lines and does hardly anything. I haven't read any legends stuff with him. I really hope that his role in The Mandalorian makes him a character worth liking.
I much prefer Jango Fett... At least they're both Temura Morrison.

Ok, edit. I somehow completely forgot, I used to be a fan of Boba Fett, and in elementary school there was a series of books about him after the death of Jango that I loved.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:

Yeah, the dramatic function of BUUURP

So in the case of Boba Fett specifically his death was devoid of meaning so I don't think his return is that big of a deal. It was expected anyway.

But as a general Star Wars criticism I completely agree with you. Similar to how nearly no one dies in Marvel movies too. I love 'em, but the dramatic stakes are not as high anymore when death is not permanant, and even if it is... just make a prequel/clone/alternate universe version lolz!

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There used to be a saying that no one stays dead in comics except for Bucky Barnes, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben. Now it's down to just Uncle Ben.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
There used to be a saying that no one stays dead in comics except for Bucky Barnes, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben. Now it's down to just Uncle Ben.

And he’s the best one!

latest

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Cool, talking Banthas! (00.37) :D

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
Season 2 trailer:

I got soo hyped for this. Also love how they referenced the Mandalorian Wars from Knights of the Old Republic lore! I was just short of squealing like a little girl lol

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
S2:e1 (or Chapter Nine if you’re nasty) was more of the same which is a good thing.

I was hoping for a Deadwood crossover episode! Hopefully next week we’ll get Al Swearingen. :p Seriously though, I do love Timothy Olyphant and I thought the episode was really good. The already stellar production values seem to be even better. They seem to be taking an episode of the week approach but each one reveals some new bit of information. It’s a fun ride, but my sense is that, like many of the season one episodes, most of the overall plot of the episode won’t matter much in the grand scheme of the story. Still, I hope we see more of Olyphant and he becomes one of the gang.

Top Bottom