• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ghostbusters III:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostbusters III:

This is by far my favorite fanedit that i have watched. Though i heard allot of negative backlash about the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot, i still decided to give it a shot. In my opinion it's just an awful mess. It's not just the narrative, but the awful jokes and the awful new hip-hop version of the Ghostbusters theme music. Makes me wanna gag.

This version cut out allot of unnecessary filler jokes that made it into the final cut and brought back the original Ray Parker Jr Ghostbusters Theme. Scenes with the main villain of the movie have been cut and restructured so he feels allot more evil and less like a Scooby Doo villain as in the original.

While the cheesy blue CGI ghosts are still there, i gotta admit, i really didn't mind those as much as i did allot of the poor "dialogue" that they gave Leslie Jones' character in the original. The stupid comeback lines and general stereotypical over the top female character that she plays, is one type of character that i simply cannot stand, be it in movies, tv-series or video-games.

However the character isn't Leslie Jones fault, but rather a combination of poor writing and poor editing. With this edit i actually manage to find her character very enjoyable and the dialogue that she has left in this version, which is closer to the original script, is genuinely funny.

I didn't think anything could make me return to this movie again, but this version made me really open my eyes to how much a fanedit can do for a movie. Will diffidently be recommending this edit and can honestly say i enjoyed it enough to want to watch it again.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/ghostbusters-iii/discussions/10021/

Back
Top Bottom