• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jaws/Star Wars Ripoffs

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently got into edits by TMBTM, and found his Jaws and Star Wars grindhouse edits. This got me thinking about the cheaply made cash grabs made to capitalize on the others success. As a result, I ended up watching a lot of these knockoffs, simply for curiosity's sake. Has anyone had the time, patience, or temerity to sit through any of these? If you have, please list them and give a mini review. 
Mine are:
Jaws:
The Last Shark: A complete ripoff of Jaws, to the point that Universal actually got it pulled from theaters after only two weeks.
The Deep: This is less of a ripoff, but still worth mentioning, as it was another Peter Benchley novel that had an underwater element. This movie is the Star Trek: The Motion Picture of shark movies; an ok story, interspersed with long, dull sequences of nothing happening.
Tintorera: A downright bizarre trip into a Jaws retreadm but with a lot more 70s-ification.

Star Wars:
Starcrash: One of the more well known ripoffs, Starcrash is an interesting anomaly in terms of production, with the original distributor actually backing out and handing it of to New World Pictures. Little in terms of story, sadly. 
Laserblast: A hallucinogenic experience of a film, with no real structure or pacing. 
Message from Space: A japanified retelling of Star Wars, complete with a Samurai Darth Vader.

Anyone else?

Not as much as a Jaws or Star wars ripoff but recently I had seen skyscraper starring Dwayne Johnson which is pretty much just all die hard I hated the movie.

I watched Santa Jaws recently, but im assuming were excliding SyFy originals.

Somewhere I own an animated film yitled Gakacy of Oz, combining elements of Wizard of Oz with Star Wars. I remember nothing from it. Readomg up on it though, apparently it was a series thay got put together into a film.
I don't recall it being good, but again i hardly remember it. 

Other than parodies, I don't have mich else to add to the table.

Back
Top Bottom