• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rogue One: The Battle of Scarif:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue One: The Battle of Scarif:

I enjoyed Rogue One when I first saw it, but after a second viewing and some thought I found it lower on my list than I initially believed.

I was intrigued when I first saw the trailer for this edit. Then, considering that it's just under an hour, I downloaded and watched it then and there. I loved it.

Considering how little I actually cared about the characters in Rogue One, I was glad to see this version focused more on the actual stealing of the Death Star plans, rather than it's bland character subplots. Though I was sad to see Chirrut Îmwe have less screen time, I consider it the lesser of two evils. I'm also amazed at the flawless implementation of music by John Williams into numerous segments of the film.

This edit takes a the worst and leaves the best, then makes it better. It picked the perfect place to start and gave us everything we need to know in a crawl. While I like the idea of Rogue One not having an opening crawl, I consider it very well used here, as a means to explain what is happening in the story and who is important (subjects covered in the scenes that were cut). If I had to choose between this and Rogue One, especially during a marathon, I would choose this.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/rogue-one-the-battle-of-scarif/discussions/9953/

Top Bottom