• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rob Zombie's H2 (Now Featuring Likable Characters)

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, life long Halloween fan which is both a blessing and a curse. The original is amazing (IMO) while the sequels very much offer diminishing returns, especially Rob Zombie's remakes. I've done a lot of work on them and i'm introducing Rob Zombie's H2 (Now Featuring Likable Characters) Cut. Minus an amazing Brad Dourif, H2 featured almost no likable characters and very much felt like some awful horror movie script where they scratched out some random killer's name and sloppily wrote "Michael Myers" over it. I like to think I succeeded in creating characters you can root for as well as making the movie feel legitimately a part of the Halloween saga. Excessive gore, language, and trashiness gone! Here are some test clips. I created my own opening using footage from Halloween 2007. Enjoy!

In the first clip, when you cut to black at 0:39, the scene's audio cuts out a halfsecond after Laurie's scream, which is very jarring. I honestly don't know if that was you or the movie naturally doing that, but I'd say it should be fixed. The music is very good too. Also, the transition leading into the title is weird, the following audio sounds quieter and... compressed? I assume these are 

I appreciate removing the terrible necrophiliac talk. Didn't need that in a Halloween film lol. But editing out the driver kill doesn't feel right either. I would suggest adding the slicing noise/his gurgles in the shot just before you switch over. You can skip the gore, but keep the kill. 

For the redneck scene, are the shots of Michael stutter-framed on purpose, or was this an edit? Because I like the way it turned out, but it doesn't feel like it fits into the scene. Though I'm not sure how to remedy that if it's intended to be that way in the actual movie, and I don't like pointing things out without also offering solutions.

I really like the way you edited Loomis' death in the last vid. I do like the stutter frame here. And the ending is wonderfully cut. The shot of Laurie walking out with Michael's mask is haunting. I personally don't care for the white horse/mother/family connection subplot in H2, but I suppose it makes up a big enough portion of the movie that it would have to stay anyways.

Are you still working out the cutlist?

Michael Myers doesn't shout "DIE!" as he stabs Loomis? Sign me up, fam

TinyBreadMouse said:
In the first clip, when you cut to black at 0:39, the scene's audio cuts out a halfsecond after Laurie's scream, which is very jarring. I honestly don't know if that was you or the movie naturally doing that, but I'd say it should be fixed. The music is very good too. Also, the transition leading into the title is weird, the following audio sounds quieter and... compressed? I assume these are 

Everything with the sound in this scene was taken directly from Halloween 2007 but I'll definitely take a look at what you mean. I can't remember if the audio is compressed because I actually finished this edit about six months ago and now I'm just making final touches to get it ready to post here.

TinyBreadMouse said:
I appreciate removing the terrible necrophiliac talk. Didn't need that in a Halloween film lol. But editing out the driver kill doesn't feel right either. I would suggest adding the slicing noise/his gurgles in the shot just before you switch over. You can skip the gore, but keep the kill. 

First, let me say that I ridiculously appreciate your feedback. Some of the best feedback I've been given. I might do some tests adding in a little bit of the driver's death to see how it looks. I'm not 100% sure if I'll end up going that route and may end up keeping the death completely off screen. We'll see which edit looks best!

TinyBreadMouse said:
For the redneck scene, are the shots of Michael stutter-framed on purpose, or was this an edit? Because I like the way it turned out, but it doesn't feel like it fits into the scene. Though I'm not sure how to remedy that if it's intended to be that way in the actual movie, and I don't like pointing things out without also offering solutions.

I really like the way you edited Loomis' death in the last vid. I do like the stutter frame here. And the ending is wonderfully cut. The shot of Laurie walking out with Michael's mask is haunting. I personally don't care for the white horse/mother/family connection subplot in H2, but I suppose it makes up a big enough portion of the movie that it would have to stay anyways.

All the stutter frames were in the original source. I didn't care for the whole white horse angle either which is why I cut a ton of it out in my edit. It just didn't seem possible to omit the whole thing though.

TinyBreadMouse said:

Fresh cutlist coming at ya!

1. Created a new prologue using footage from Halloween (2007) and using The Shape Stalks Laurie by Tyler Bates
  2. Converted Halloween (2007) footage to 16:9.
  3. Cut Laurie walking down the road alone.
  4. Cut the paramedics talking about necrophilia.
  5. Cut the number of times the paramedic yells “fuck” after the car accident.
  6. Cut Michael cutting off paramedics head. 
  7. Rescored Michael chasing Laurie through the hospital with the Halloween 2007 theme by Tyler Bates.
  8. Cut down the number of times Michael stabs the Nurse. She’s only stabbed four times now.
  9. Cut Laurie seeing the dead body in the stairwell.
  10. Cut Laurie having to crawl over dead bodies.
  11. Cut out the security guard that Laurie talks to.
  12. Shortened Michael breaking through the security station.
  13. Rescored Laurie waking up from the dream with Laurie’s Theme from Halloween (78).
  14. Cut Laurie yelling at Annie during breakfast.
  15. Shortened Laurie’s Counseling appointment. 
  16. Shortened Laurie talking to her friends at the record store.
  17. Shortened Loomis speaking to the audience about his book.
  18. Shortened rednecks attacking Michael in the field. 
  19. Rescored Michael attacking the rednecks with Chase Laurie from Halloween: Resurrection.
  20. Michael doesn’t impale the first redneck.
  21. Michael stabs second redneck only once.
  22. Rescored Laurie’s dream with The Ceremony from Halloween: Resurrection. 
  23. Cut any instances of young Michael speaking.
  24. Cut Laurie dreaming about killing Annie. 
  25. Shortened Laurie’s second counseling appointment.
  26. Cut parts of Loomis talking to the Reporter.
  27. Shortened Loomis talking to his assistant in the limo.
  28. Cut Laurie yelling at another car while she’s driving.
  29. Trimmed parts of the girls at the Halloween festival.
  30. Trimmed Harley walking with the Wolfman to his van.
  31. Trimmed Mya’s death. Michael only stabs her once.
  32. Recut/rescore the Sheriff finding Annie’s body with Dumbledore’s Farewell from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
  33. Cut VHS footage of Danielle Harris as a child.
  34. Rescored Michael throwing man through windshield with the Shape Stalks Laurie by Tyler Bates.
  35. Ending from Theatrical cut used.
  36. Trimmed Michael killing Loomis. Halloween (07) by Tyler Bates used for scene.
    Rescored Laurie in the mental hospital with Halloween 1978 by John Carpenter from the Halloween soundtrack.

Zamros said:
Michael Myers doesn't shout "DIE!" as he stabs Loomis? Sign me up, fam

LOL, I'll definitely let you know when it's finished.

TinyBreadMouse said:

My cutlist is pretty much done but I've found that I'm going to have to retype the whole thing on here because when I cut and paste from my word processor the text doesn't actually show up in my post. In the meantime, here's a few other edits for you or anyone else to check out!

Ryantology said:
Everything with the sound in this scene was taken directly from Halloween 2007 but I'll definitely take a look at what you mean. I can't remember if the audio is compressed because I actually finished this edit about six months ago and now I'm just making final touches to get it ready to post here.

All the stutter frames were in the original source.

That is what I was afraid of. Well it's fine as is.

Ryantology said:
First, let me say that I ridiculously appreciate your feedback. Some of the best feedback I've been given. I might do some tests adding in a little bit of the driver's death to see how it looks. I'm not 100% sure if I'll end up going that route and may end up keeping the death completely off screen. We'll see which edit looks best!

Just doing my part. I really enjoyed H1 despite some terrible moments, and I was fully hyped for H2, but it was such a disappointment. This is the only H2 edit I can even think of, so I'm very excited. Like I said before with the scream, the medic death cut is fine the way it is, if it can't be worked around then I feel it's good as is right now.

I definitely like the two videos you linked.

For Brackett's scene, was the track you used part of the H2 ost? Also, I'm very glad you kept that scene in, Dourif is amazing (and a pretty good Brackett).

TinyBreadMouse said:

For Brackett's scene, was the track you used part of the H2 ost? Also, I'm very glad you kept that scene in, Dourif is amazing (and a pretty good Brackett).

The music used for Brackett’s scene is actually from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince of all places. There was no way in hell I was cutting that scene out. It’s absolutely heartbreaking and Dourif just flat out kills it. I cut out the VHS clips of a young Danielle Harris because Dourif’s performance completely sells it without them. 

I think I helped make the audio cutting out in my redone opening less noticable (thanks again for that feedback). I tried adding in some of the paramedics death last night but it just makes the cut between scenes seem much more noticable so I think I’ll end up keeping my original edit.

Ryantology said:
TinyBreadMouse said:

The music used for Brackett’s scene is actually from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince of all places. There was no way in hell I was cutting that scene out. It’s absolutely heartbreaking and Dourif just flat out kills it. I cut out the VHS clips of a young Danielle Harris because Dourif’s performance completely sells it without them. 

I think I helped make the audio cutting out in my redone opening less noticable (thanks again for that feedback). I tried adding in some of the paramedics death last night but it just makes the cut between scenes seem much more noticable so I think I’ll end up keeping my original edit.

Interesting movie to lift it from, but it totally works. I also didn't remember the VHS footage of young Harris playing during that scene until you mentioned it.

TinyBreadMouse said:

Hope you're ready for this.
1) Created a new prologue using footage from Halloween (07) and using The Shape Stalks Laurie by Tyler Bates.
2) Converted Halloween 07 footage to 16:9.
3) Cut opening flashback of Michael as a child at Smith's Grove.
4) Cut Laurie walking down the empty street.
5) Cut Laurie screaming on the stretcher.
6) Cut doctor's scrubbing up to do surgery.
7) Trimmed paramedics speaking to Brackett.
8) Cut paramedics talking about necrophilia.
9) Cut number of times paramedic yells "fuck" after car accident.
10) Paramedic's death happens off screen.
11) Cut Michael walking towards the white horse.
12) Rescored Michael chasing Laurie through the hospital with Halloween 2007 by Tyler Bates.
13) Cut down the number of times Michael stabs the nurse to four.
14) Cut grunting sound Michael makes while stabbing the nurse.
15) Cut Laurie seeing dead body in the stairwell.
16) Cut Laurie having to crawl over dead bodies in the dumpster.
17) Cut out the security guard that Laurie runs into.
18) Shortened Michael breaking through the security station.
19) Rescored Laurie waking up from nightmare with Laurie's Theme from Halloween (78).
20) Cut Laurie yelling at Annie during breakfast.
21) Shortened Laurie's counseling session.
22) Cut Loomis and his assistant walking through hotel lobby.
23) Trimmed Laurie talking to her friends at the record store.
24) Trimmed Loomis speaking to audience about his book.
25) Cut scene with adult Michael meeting with child Michael and his mother in a barn.
26) Trimmed rednecks attacking Michael in the field.
27) Rescored Michael attacking the rednecks with Chase Laurie from Halloween: Resurrection.
28) Michael doesn't impale the first redneck.
29) Michael stabs second redneck only once.
30) Cut Michael dragging woman from truck and repeatedly stabbing her.
31) Cut Michael speaking to his mother in Laurie's dream.
32) Rescored Laurie's dream with The Ceremony from Halloween: Resurrection.
33) Cut any instances of young Michael speaking.
34) Cut Laurie dreaming about killing Annie.
35) Trimmed Laurie's second counseling appointment.
36) Cut parts of Loomis talking to the reporter.
37) Cut entire Rabbit in Red lounge scene.
38) Cut Michael's mother talking to him about Loomis next to a billboard.
39) Trimmed Loomis's book signing.
40) Trimmed Loomis talking to his assistant in the limo.
41) Cut Laurie screaming at another car while driving.
42) Cut Weird Al segment.
43) Trimmed parts of the girls at the Halloween festival.
44) Trimmed Annie berating the deputy at her house.
45) Trimmed Harley walking with the Wolfman to his van.
46) Cut Laurie having a vision of her mother standing next to child Michael.
47) Cut Michael's mother telling Michael to "go have some fun" while attacking Annie.
48) Trimmed Mya's death. Michael only stabs her once.
49) Recut/Rescored Brackett finding Annie's body with Dumbledore's Farewell from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
50) Cut VHS footage of Danielle Harris as a child.
51) Rescored Michael throwing man through the windshield with the Shape Stalks Laurie by Tyler Bates.
52) Ending from Theatrical cut used.
53) Trimmed Michael killing Loomis. Scene now scored with Halloween 2007 by Tyler Bates.
54) Rescored Laurie in insane asylum with Halloween 1963 from John Carpenter's Halloween. 
55) Removed still images from murders from the credits.
56) Rescored credits with Main Titles from Halloween: Resurrection

Oh lord that's a lot.

>54) Rescored Laurie in insane asylum with Halloween 1963 from John Carpenter's Halloween. 

Nice touch.

This is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

Thanks! I’m really glad people can finally check it out. I think it’s a pretty big overhaul of the original material.

Back
Top Bottom