If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

JULY 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Removing hardcoded credits from cartoon
Any ideas, outside of taking each frame into Photoshop?
Sometimes foreign language versions have no titles, or different titles. Sometimes a version at a different aspect-ratio may be available with titles in a different place on the screen, allowing for masking. Apart from that, it's painting/masking them out. What cartoon are you talking about?
(08-10-2018, 02:10 PM)TM2YC Wrote: Sometimes foreign language versions have no titles, or different titles. Sometimes a version at a different aspect-ratio may be available with titles in a different place on the screen, allowing for masking. Apart from that, it's painting/masking them out. What cartoon are you talking about?

Oh yeah, sorry, that might be important info lol.

The 2003 animated Teen Titans series. I've been chewing over an idea to turn the first season (which is the only season so far with a BD release) into a 90 minute film that condenses the story.

Unfortunately for me, after the initial opening sequence, the title of the episode will show on screen with additional tags for directors and writers (I think, am not sure, would need to go over the footage). There is a good chance I wouldn't actually need that footage and can just skip over it entirely, but who knows. I haven't begun work on the edit yet (and likely won't for a long time since I'd need to rewatch the season).
In most cases when I’ve been faced with the hard coded credits dilemma, I zoom in to crop out the credits. You lose some quality from the picture, but it works.
(08-10-2018, 11:50 PM)musiced921 Wrote: In most cases when I’ve been faced with the hard coded credits dilemma, I zoom in to crop out the credits. You lose some quality from the picture, but it works.

I also considered that. I really hate cropping, but if there is no other way then of course I'll have to.
Could you post a screenshot of one such credit please, so we can see what you are talking about?
Good idea. Pic below.
[Image: 913ad60609.jpg]

This single shot of Robin standing here goes on for 3 seconds, maybe 4. The episode title is there the entire length of the shot.
^ Ones like that are going to be near impossible to remove. Being 2D animation, is there anyway similar footage from other episodes can dropped in to replace those shots?
Oh yikes, I must be an idiot. That exact shot is used just before the opening music plays. It's the exact same shot, repeated later.

But even if it didn't, the title text begins to fade out just before the scene switches, so I can faintly make out the colors underneath. I guess if I really need to, I can just clean that up in PS