• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Shazam: Origin:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shazam: Origin:

This was a true treat watch.

Easily one of the best (if not THEE BEST) cliffhanger serials ever made, our intrepid editor Billy Batson (hhmmm, any relation? lol) has crafted a fun 2 hour popcorn romp. Compared to his similar styled Flash Gordon fan edit, I found this one flowed much better. Even though still episodic in nature due to the source material, it feels more like a unified narrative with a definite beginning, middle and end.

A few audio pops and hiccups and a couple of cuts I would have done differently, but considering the immense challenge of distilling over 200 minutes down to 2 hours, I think he did a spectacular job!

The grump old fanboy in me wishes he kept the title CAPTAIN MARVEL ORIGIN instead of Shazam.... LOL!

But if you love old serial adventures, or are curious about the Big Red Cheese before the new move is released, I highly recommend checking this little gem out.

THUMBS UP! :)

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/shazam-origin/discussions/9931/

Top Bottom