• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage - NSFW

WalrusSAS

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi I'm new here. Long story short, cancer's given me lots of free time, re-edited Shogun Assassin 2 and 3 into one much shorter (better) film, removed 95% of the dialogue, re-recorded all dialogue with temp vocals, added sound effects, and re-scored the film to put it more in line with the original Shogun Assassin. I'm currently in the process of recruiting voice talent to re-record my temp vocals. I have two, for all intents and purposes, final cuts of the film: one with my temp vocals, and one without (mostly a big music video with sound effects). Anyone feels like looking for it, or helping with the voice-work, let me know! Thanks!

There were apparently SA "sequels" released back in the day but they don't seem to be as widely released or known as the first. I've often wondered if they were as awesome as the first film?

Lightning_swords_of_death_poster_01.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Will you be using the SA synth score for your edit? I loooooove that soundtrack, especially this track:

There were apparently SA "sequels" released back in the day but they don't seem to be as widely released or known as the first. I've often wondered if they were as awesome as the first film?

Will you be using the SA synth score for your edit? I loooooove that soundtrack, especially this track:

Thank you for your interest! Basically, there are 6 Japanese films called Lone Wolf and Cub. They took the first two movies and smashed them together and dubbed it and used the awesome score and it's one of the greatest samurai films ever made, certainly MY favorite.

They then simply just released the other 4 Lone Wolf and Cub movies in America with re-titling and basic dubbing, with the cuts and the original jazzy Lone Wolf and Cub score remained intact. I like them, but they are FRUSTRATING because they are not Shogun Assassin. They are bloated the score doesn't do it for me. I've always wanted to make the TRUE sequels, if that makes sense.

Yes, I originally intended on just using the awesome Shogun Assassin score. I used every single song, even re-used one I believe, but still needed more music. So I went out of bounds a little, but I think what I used is different but very appropriate spaghetti western influenced, 80's synth pop, and and some modern moody musicians.

I've spent literally the past 2 months editing and recording this thing, so I appreciate getting some kind of response!

WalrusSAS said:
They then simply just released the other 4 Lone Wolf and Cub movies in America with re-titling and basic dubbing, with the cuts and the original jazzy Lone Wolf and Cub score remained intact.

Thanks. Nice to have somebody confirm that. Think I'll just stick with my LW&C Criterion boxset and stop wondering if I should purchase those dubs too.

tumblr_static_e179n9mhnd44okkc88o4oc00w.jpg

I can't stress it enough. They are LITERALLY the same, they just added some hit or miss English voice acting. Some of it I like and would have kept, but it was tied into the music track and it had to go.

Edit submitted, thread moved to Pending Approval.

In the future please submit with a link to your thread, not a link to download the edit.  That is against forum rules.

TVs Frink said:

In the future please submit with a link to your thread, not a link to download the edit.  That is against forum rules.

Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood I guess! So I should have linked to this thread? I wasn't trying to post the link in a forum as per the rules, I just didn't understand how to submit the actual edit. I guess I still don't, but thanks!

Yes in the future just link to your thread here.

TVs Frink said:

(requests edit 15 second later)

;)

Did you redub all the lines yourself because I'm impressed if you did.

TM2YC said:

No, I actually ran a Kickstarter to get funding to pay for voice acting. I was trying to get volunteers, but nobody seemed interested lol.

WalrusSAS said:
TM2YC said:

No, I actually ran a Kickstarter to get funding to pay for voice acting. I was trying to get volunteers, but nobody seemed interested lol.

Wow, that's commitment. They sound authentically like dubbing actors from back in the day.

I've reviewed this fanedit for The Academy and it's approved.

14514010924_d2f40d31b9_o.jpg

I've been dreaming of the possibilities of making a fan sequel to one of the original official fanedits 'Shogun Assassin' for a couple of years. The major problem was always having to redub the whole thing into English. It seemed to difficult to attempt.

Well @"WalrusSAS" has done it. The dub sounds so authentic and professional, in the style of a Grindhouse movie of the 1980s. Not only is the script near perfect (*) but the voice artists do an amazing job. The trademark Diagoro/child voice-over is reproduced so accurately. The music choices fit like a glove (some from the original score, some new), as does the decision to have one of the sword-fights play with no music and just howling wind. I really appreciated that time was taken to make new opening and closing credits in the style of the original film (I liked the little Kill Bill reference too).

This is one of the all-time fanedits! :) 

There are a few cons though, if I was being super picky:

- The first Shogun Assassin was 90-minutes and this is 27-minutes longer than that. Further trims could have been made to some of the more random encounters that don't really  contribute to the significant subplots, which would also have helped things feel less episodic.
- I assume the source for the video was a soft looking old DVD. The newer Criterion blu-ray transfer would have looked better (although it's not perfect either).
- (*) The "This little brat is freakin' me out" line was the only one that sounded off and unlike authentic period dubbed dialogue.

Thank you very much. My goal was to match the length of the original, but I just couldn't get there!

Yeah, I don't have the Criterion, I just have the now I think out of print Shogun Assassin Blu-Ray, which had the first one on disc one, and then 2-5 squeezed onto disc 2. Also, I like that line lol, but I completely get your point. Glad you liked it, I just want people to see it!

Love the trailer you posted on ifdb by the way (the voice-over script is so much fun :D ).

Plenty of NSFW bloodshed:

Thank you!

By the way, I fixed the one broken youtube link, and then I'm sorry I guess when I saved it I put page back into "pending approval" oblivion. Would you be able to rescue me?

Back
Top Bottom