• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DC Universe's Titansverse

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points

DARKNESS!!! NO PARENTS!!!

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Am I the only one who cheered when Robin said "Fuck Batman." I guess it's because that's how I feel about the Worlds of DC Batman.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Feels like DC’s just trying to do everything. On one end of the spectrum they got stupid and fun with Shazam, and on the other you got super dark with Titans. Basically trying to mimic both the MCU and also Fox with the New Mutants vibe. They’re trying to please everyone again, an approach that worked SO well for Justice League :dodgy:

I’m mixed about this Worlds of DC thing. On one hand, they might be making the same mistakes again trying to please everyone while compromising the product(s). On the other hand, it might be that they’re moving away from the shared universe thing, which justifies the tonal mismatch and allows for creative freedom.

We’ll see how things will go but I fear they might make something akin to the Tim Story Fantastic Four movies with Aquaman/Shazam, or in Titan’s case, the Josh Trank Fant4stic... ugh.

EDIT: So is this the Snyderverse Dick Grayson? If so this creates a huge tonal mismatch with Aquaman, even worse than the one between BvS and JL. Or is this a different universe? Does DC know? I... ugh, I’m so confused.

vlcsnap-2015-01-02-06h30m57s172.png

Go home, DC. You’re drunk.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
So is this the Snyderverse Dick Grayson? If so this creates a huge tonal mismatch with Aquaman, even worse than the one between BvS and JL. Or is this a different universe? Does DC know? I... ugh, I’m so confused.

vlcsnap-2015-01-02-06h30m57s172.png

If I got this right, DC has three Live-Action universes.

The DCEU: Their moives, starting off as the "Snyderverse" but evidently moving towards letting the characters be themselves, like Marvel./

The Arrowverse: The mainstream tv series', which also started out with the grim Arrow but soon enough transitioned to more comic book fun.

The Titansverse: DC's answer to the Netflix MCU, starting off with Titans this year and Doom Patrol next year, airing on DC's streaming service, DC Universe. While not confirmed to be part of the Titansverse, DC Universe will also host Swamp Thing, Metropolis, an animated Harley Quinn series, and Stargirl (which supposedly is going to have a more fun tone).

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
If I got this right, DC has three Live-Action universes.

The DCEU: Their moives, starting off as the "Snyderverse" but evidently moving towards letting the characters be themselves, like Marvel./

The Arrowverse: The mainstream tv series', which also started out with the grim Arrow but soon enough transitioned to more comic book fun.

The Titansverse: DC's answer to the Netflix MCU, starting off with Titans this year and Doom Patrol next year, airing on DC's streaming service, DC Universe. While not confirmed to be part of the Titansverse, DC Universe will also host Swamp Thing, Metropolis, an animated Harley Quinn series, and Stargirl (which supposedly is going to have a more fun tone).

Oh so Titans is a show... well this is embarrassing :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Oh so Titans is a show... well this is embarrassing :)

I didn't realize you didn't realize it was a show, based on your previous remarks. Visually, the comparison to the DCEU is obviously intentional, and since we haven't met any of these characters in the current films, they could be the DCEU versions. They probably won't be but we can't know that for sure. 

In any case, it looks bad. But I'm not sure yet if it's good bad.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dl2a61-VAAA7z1o.jpg

You know there is a problem when even the heavily photoshopped promotional poster can not make your characters look good.

Starfire.

what the hell?

Either they are doing a major deviation from the source material, or.... I got nothing.  That is the only explanation I can give for the new look.

Please explain how Cosplayers with limited budgets can do continually do better than the Studios....?

http://onlinefanatic.com/top-20-best-starfire-cosplay-dc-comics/

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Dl2a61-VAAA7z1o.jpg

You know there is a problem when even the heavily photoshopped promotional poster can not make your characters look good.

Starfire.

what the hell?

Either they are doing a major deviation from the source material, or.... I got nothing.  That is the only explanation I can give for the new look.

Please explain how Cosplayers with limited budgets can do continually do better than the Studios....?

http://onlinefanatic.com/top-20-best-starfire-cosplay-dc-comics/

Because when it comes to most of their live-action properties, DC are morons.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
Because when it comes to most of their live-action properties, DC are morons.

And some animated fare, too.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So a better, more interesting trailer dropped...

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2nN_CC-Us8[/video]

Still don't understand at all what they have done to Starfire....?

Series will air on Netflix outside of the USA.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nexflix? I thought it was going to whatever the new DC streaming service is called.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2nN_CC-Us8[/video]

This looks like a still from an SNL sketch on Youtube.  :)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, in new news the first three episodes have garnered akin-to-fantastic reviews.  What do you know… perhaps it will be good.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TITANS had its season finale on the DC Streaming service this week.

While the trailers and promotional material struck me as very unimpressive, the show itself has apparently garnered mostly positive reviews.  So my curiosity level has definitely increased.

Titans will begin airing on Netflix Canada in January.

In the meantime, a teaser trailer for the DOOM PATROL dropped, and it has piqued my interest....
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JG-TNPkV8k[/video]
Though why does DC feel the need to push Cyborg into the Patrol?  Two robotic characters?

No word on when or if THE DOOM PATROL may air on alternate services like Netflix.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Though why does DC feel the need to push Cyborg into the Patrol?  Two robotic characters?

Robot man is being played by Brendan Fraser, who's older now than the core cast, so maybe they're doing like a mentor mentee kinda relationship.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brendan Fraser and Timothy Dalton in the same show? My interest is piqued.

Does anyone know if it's necessary to have watched "Titans" (which I have no interest in) to fully understand "Doom Patrol"? Or is the latter standalone?

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:

It's the Looney Tunes Back In Action reunion we've all been waiting for! :D

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:

Does anyone know if it's necessary to have watched "Titans" (which I have no interest in) to fully understand "Doom Patrol"? Or is the latter standalone?

Though Doom Patrol the team appeared in Titans, to my understanding Cyborg wasn't present and they won't be played by the same people in their own show, so I think they won't share continuity with Titans. It's not super clear right now because the episode of Titans in question is being referred to as a backdoor pilot, and I haven't seen any of it except YouTube previews. It looks like the relationship of Arrow to Smallville to me.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:

My understanding based on the online clips and articles, while a spin-off from TITANS, it will have its own separate storyline.  Beast Boy is the connective tissue character between Titans and Doom Patrol, similar to how he is in the comics.

It should be noted Fraser only provides the voice of Robotman, he is not in the suit.

Here's a good EW article about what is known about the show....
https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/02/doom-patrol-everything-we-know/

Top Bottom