• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Glass

Just saw it.... I went in wary, for as hard as I have tried to avoid spoilers some details had filtered through, but I must admit I enjoyed the movie far more than I expected.

I do wish Bruce Willis's part had been bigger, but I did not mind the ending.

Weirdly, as the credits rolled, I not help think this final part in the trilogy could have been a prequel to the HEROES tv series, as the similarities in the concept were striking.

While M. Night did go through a bad spell, I have really enjoyed his rebound the last few flicks and this one is no exception.  I really enjoyed his creative use of camera pov throughout the film.  8 out of 10 for me.

bionicbob said:
Just saw it.... I went in wary, for as hard as I have tried to avoid spoilers some details had filtered through, but I must admit I enjoyed the movie far more than I expected.

I do wish Bruce Willis's part had been bigger, but I did not mind the ending.

Weirdly, as the credits rolled, I not help think this final part in the trilogy could have been a prequel to the HEROES tv series, as the similarities in the concept were striking.

While M. Night did go through a bad spell, I have really enjoyed his rebound the last few flicks and this one is no exception.  I really enjoyed his creative use of camera pov throughout the film.  8 out of 10 for me.

Well there's a fanedit idea for you. I've never watched Heroes so I cannot comment.

Ugh...sorry to hate on such a lovefest this movie has going on here, but to me it felt like much less than the sum of its parts. 

Unbreakable was M. Night's 2nd best film.  It was a subtle superhero movie done well before that was a thing.  Unfortunately, it felt like only the first 2/3s of a film.  

Split was a surprisingly effective return to form, thanks in no small part to its actors.  The tease of yet another "universe" with a studio trying to imitate Marvel yet again made me wary.  But I did very much want to see The Sentinel finish his story.

Glass started off strong, picking up on the father/son relationship from Unbreakable and giving us the physical confrontation that we had been missing for both The Sentinel and The Beast.  However, it immediately started going downhill....

The film asks you to make so many jumps in suspension of disbelief for things that it seems like it exists in an alternate universe of logic by the final third of the film.  Rather than have the 3 main characters we know and love interact and play out their parts, it spends all its time trying to get us believing in the Illuminati and that for some reason it's very important that nobody believes in super-powered people.  Because then rich people would stop being able to take over whole cafe and hospitals or something.

The relationships with Glass and Beast's normal human counterparts are not developed organically like David's and his son's was, and feel cheap and artificial.  It leads to an unearned ending that teases us with a grand idea and then has the most contrived, cheap, and unsatisfying conclusion since meeting Neegan on The Walking Dead.  Sorry guys, but I'm part of that section of the audience that thought it was "Rotten".

Were there any lurkers in this thread that were also disappointed?

I didn't like how David exited stage left, but in the end I rated the movie 7/10, lower than Unbreakable but the same as Split.

Duragizer said:
I didn't like how David exited stage left

Same feeling I had.  I don't want to hear how "in real life, blah blah blah"  I knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending, but it felt cheap given HOW LONG we waited for a sequel.

Back
Top Bottom