• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Glass

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After the surprise success of Split, the sequel Glass is coming out next year. The trailer looks incredible, and after almost 20 years, we'll finally see the Eastrail 177 Trilogy (Unbreakable, Split and Glass) be completed. As excited as I am for all the MCU and Worlds of DC films coming out next year, I'm probably the most excited for Glass, as it could be the most unique superhero movie in years. 

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it looks great to me.
Not sure I'll watch more trailers after this one though.
I'm already ready to wait till january without anything more. :)

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll take Unbreakable and Split over any DC/Marvel/Fox-men movie.

Let's hope Glass lives up.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm looking forward to it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My concern about GLASS is Bruce Willis....

I don't know what has happened to him, but he has been sleeping walking through most roles the past 10 years, with most of his work going straight to dvd/streaming.  Where is the charm and charisma that made him so likeable?  Where is that Everyman Quality that made him relatable?  Hell, where is his heartbeat?  LOL.  Seriously, he looks so bored in all his recent movies.

I really hope this movie brings him back to form and reinvigorates his career.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's probably a combination of being a veteran actor, and not really caring about the scripts that people are throwing at him. Looper was crap, but he was good ol' Willis in that, and that was only 6 years ago.

Look at Morgan Freeman in London has Fallen or Michael Douglas in Ant-man 1/2. When you get that old, you can show up on set and do whatever you like, what producer is gonna bark at you? Who is gonna call out legendary actors for showing up full of Valium?

Willis and Shyamalan have very good chemistry though, and personally I think Willis' performance in 6th Sense is the only thing holding it back from being mediocre. I have high hopes. Cautiously optimistic you could say.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He’s doing a lot of ads in Italy, and as is known that brings more money than a film does.  That could be influencing, among other things.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm curious to hear from anyone else who has seen this!

Despite a lot of the negative criticisms it received, I really like it a lot.  All the twists and turns I was fine with, but one major thing was a HUGE bummer and that is

David's death.  It's not that he died or that he died unceremoniously, but it just felt kind of cheap and pointless in the way he was executed.

I actually have a couple of little ideas I'd like to share in a FanEdit Ideas thread, but all in all it was a nice way to tie up the trilogy and I can see how parts are polarizing to audience members.  I knew going in that it would be a slow burn and I was fine with that.  Bruce Willis was 100% underutilized and has very little dialogue which I read somewhere on reddit a rumor that he's got early stages of alzheimers, though I haven't confirmed that with a more credible source.

The GOOD: Awesome seeing the trio together, even if it is somewhat limited.  McAvoy is AMAZING!

The BAD: My only gripe is what I mentioned in the spoiler tag.  Otherwise, there wasn't really anything bad about it

The DISAPPOINTING: Not enough use of the Unbreakable music and a little too much Dunkirk-ticking going on in the score.

8/10

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never heard about alzheimer’s for Willis.  That would be terrible news for the man.  I’d be sorry. 

I’m glad you liked it.  Unbreakable is probably one of my favourite movies, and I can’t wait to see Glass, even though some of the recent reviews have sort of put me off. 
And: I accidently opened the spoiler tag which is bad.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spoiler tags are too inviting.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OHEMGEE YOU CAN'T POST SPOILERS YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!1!!

OHNOES THERE'S A BIG SPOILER BUTTON THAT BEGS ME TO CLICK IT YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!!!

The glass breaks...

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, it's not that bad!  I was joking.  I wanted to have surprises that's all.  I believe a movie is as enjoyable if you're aware of all the twists and turns, if a good story is told well.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Bruce Willis films are hit and miss
he has hit and misses leading up to Sin City- 2005, 
then has several years of hit and misses
till Looper- 2012, then several more years of hit and misses
but at this point in his life and with a net worth of 180 million,
he can pretty much do what he wants, and most studios are just happy to
have him be a part of their project.
Just my thoughts and opinions, but hoping for some more strong roles in the future.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So long as everyone here agrees Hudson Hawk's a hit, no one will die.

SWOTFAN25

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with most of the sentiments in this thread. I really enjoyed the film. I have some ideas about a fanedit. The obvious would be to add more of James Newton Howard's cues, but I am extremely curious as to what the deleted scenes of the film are. I really would want to see more of David's story in the fanedit, I just don't know why he was so absent from the film in many parts. The direction, and thematic ideas in Glass are extraordinary, so happy with the film overall.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw it today, and I enjoyed it.  Nonetheless, I feel that Shyamalan cannot keep his ego tight.  This film drools with his idea on the world and his life philosophy - which is good - but never filtrates any of this through the characters.  It’s all about them: bold and undeniable truths.  The central idea, theme of the movie works well, but then the movie becomes a conspiracy film that tells us what to think, instead of giving the characters thoughts on these things.  

I liked the integration of deleted scenes though.  That was very well done.  
I enjoyed the characters’ arcs, but I too like @"musiced921" felt one certain
was not necessary.  
All things considered, this film concludes the Eastrail trilogy very well, and definitely needs a fanedit to clean it up of some unnecessary scenes (it has plenty) and beats of dialogue.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if Glass would be better if the terrible ending is removed and reworked.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TinyBreadMouse said:
Not sure if Glass would be better if the terrible ending is removed and reworked.

Feel free to see my suggested idea/pitch for a new ending in the Fan Edit Ideas section. I’d like to hear your thoughts as well as thoughts from others.

Top Bottom