If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Aquaman (2018)

I'm impressed.... this is way more awful than I ever could have expected
DC's Thor?
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
At least the effects look good this time.
I had a thought:

[Image: 42838324614_1e13992bf1_z.jpg]

Well, at least if it's gonna be bad, it's gonna be hilariously bad and not boring and po-faced.

(07-21-2018, 04:34 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: At least the effects look good this time.

Really? I thought they looked fake as hell, the FX assets themselves and the green-screen backdrops but it's just a trailer, so they have the rest of the year to work on them some more.
This looks like a collection of deleted scenes from Valerian and the city of a thousand planets. I bet it will be as good as that movie too.....
(07-21-2018, 06:13 PM)TM2YC Wrote: I had a thought:

[Image: 42838324614_1e13992bf1_z.jpg]

Well, at least if it's gonna be bad, it's gonna be hilariously bad and not boring and po-faced.

(07-21-2018, 04:34 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: At least the effects look good this time.

Really? I thought they looked fake as hell, the FX assets themselves and the green-screen backdrops but it's just a trailer, so they have the rest of the year to work on them some more.

I guess the effects of Justice Leauge were so bad, that it's caused me to think other bad visual effects look good.
This looks like at least some fun was allowed to leak in.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Unfortunately, I can’t say for “Aquaman’s” trailer what I said about “Shazam!”’s.  The fishman’s blockbuster seems so wildly over the top and cheap I can’t understand how people can keep their hopes up.  James Wan could serve well, though… things could turn around, hopefully.
While much of CGI looks very video-gamey, I appreciate the injection of primary colours and the fun design.  Riding giant sea horses and sharks -- that is totally awesome sauce for me!

I enjoyed Wan's take on the FF franchise, so if this has the same style and energy, it could be a fun mindless popcorn flick.
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(07-21-2018, 03:16 PM)Zamros Wrote: I'm impressed.... this is way more awful than I ever could have expected

[Image: bloom-county-1.gif]