• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

UNCHARTED starring Nathan Fillion!!!!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fillion has gone on the record numerous times in the past that he is a big fan of the UNCHARTED video game franchise....
Rather than wait for a Big Studio to come calling, Fillion agreed to participate in this independent fan film...

Now I have never played Uncharted, but based on this 15 minute short, I would love to see more with Fillion in the role.  :D

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74&t=22s[/video]

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU8hdAlBxSs[/video]

Makes me wonder if this is Fillion doing the Ryan Reynold's leaked test Deadpool footage thing...?

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Inevitably cringey, like so many fan-films - but also quite fun, because Nathan Fillion is awesome. 

There was an official movie adaptation planned once upon a time, which also was meant to star Nathan Fillion, but it never happened. He is the perfect casting choice for Drake. Maybe this will breathe life back into the project.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't know the games, finally watched the short.

Reaction: meh. I'm far from the most PC-minded guy, and roll my eyes hard whenever anyone calls The Mummy '99 or Raiders of the Lost Ark "problematic," let alone racist. (Temple of Doom and The Mummy 2017, OTOH...) That said, I just don't think Indiana Jones-ing works in a post-fedora period, far less a digital one, and keeping the tomb raider types white dudes doesn't help. (The first National Treasure more or less got away with all this, partly due to sheer absurdity and the all-American setting, but largely due to not having any gunfights at all.) And the almost-gay panic jokes didn't help.

Bottom line: digital equipment, modern dress and wisecracks, and pulp adventurer/treasure hunt narratives just don't mix, IMO. (Exception: accidental/amateur treasure hunters, viz. the actually quite good Paul Walker flick Into the Blue.) Maybe I'm being silly for calling period-set adventurer narratives fine, even if they're made in modern times, while calling foul on contemporary-set ones, but that's my two cents.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My only real problem with National Treasure was that it stared Nicholas Cage. To which I can hear him say....

tenor.gif

Sahara was a decent movie too and in the same vein. I've always thought The DaVinci code series was Indiana Jones-ish and I really like those. I think the modern day Indian Jones gets a bad rap from bad hacks like the Librarian, Relic Hunter and others. I've never really played uncharted,  but it sounds like a decent story if they could pull it off. I'm honestly not a Fillion fan though.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Sahara was a decent Michie too and in the same vein. I've always thought The DaVinci code series was Indiana Jones-ish and I really like those.

Haven't seen Sahara, and my McConaughey tolerance is low, but I also quite like the Robert Langdon flicks, which also barely feature any gunplay whatsoever. I'm not against gun violence in movies by any means, but for some reason, when it comes to archeology-themed adventure, contemporary settings/tech and guns just don't mix at all well, IMO.

Top Bottom