• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Legend: The Tangerine Dream Extended Edition by modernknife

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LEGEND: The Tangerine Dream Extended Cut

What kind of fanedit: EE

original film name: Legend
new film name : Legend: The Tangerine Dream Extended Edition
film studio name : Universal
edit crew name : modernknife
Date Original Film Was Released :
Date Edit Was Released : 2006
Original Runtime : 91m
New Runtime : 115m
Amount of time Cut/Added : Approximately 14 minutes

Cuts removed/added/extended :
--Several shots from Original Theatrical Cut are included.
--Additional LEGEND music by Tangerine Dream
--Removed vocal version of "Loved By The Sun" at the end and replaced with the Tangerine Dream instrumental version.
--Re-looped several scenes with new sound f/x
--Added TITLE CARD at end of film from the trailer.

Note:
In scenes where the Goldsmith music could not be removed, the Tangerine Dream music is mixed with and over the scenes.

Fanedit details: DVD NTSC Single Layer 2.0 Stereo

Your intention for this fanedit:
To create an extended version of LEGEND that uses the Tangerine Dream score instead of the Jerry Goldsmith score, while retaining some of the shots exclusive to the Theatrical Cut and Director's Cut.

Hardware and software information
(what did you use to create your fanedit): Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro

Time needed for the edition:
3 days
persons involved: 1

Additional Comment:

The Director's Cut of LEGEND has some transfer mistakes. Throughout the film there are several "single frames" at the beginning of cuts that are still frames and appear brighter than the next frame that follows. These were removed whenever possible.

Note: I have seen this before with the Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid Preview Cut released on DVD.

Throughout the film there are several "single frames" at the beginning of cuts that are still frames and appear brighter than the next frame that follows.
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, these aren't a mistake. They are an artefact of old-school editing. The physical splicing of the negative would sometimes cause a flared single frame right after the splice. (Or alternatively, a darker frame. ...Or a frame with a distorted aspect ratio.)

...and yeah, I know this was posted up by Boon but I gotta reply as though it were to the editor, right? :)

Thanks for the info Uncanny. When I was watching the film, those frames seemed to JUMP out like a flash frame flicker. Kinda distracting after a while. I always thought it might have something to do with the old-school days of editing, but was never sure and I've never read any complaints in any DVD reviews either.

This sounds similar to both legend extended edits done by Leonenut, still might check this out though

tranzor said:
This sounds similar to both legend extended edits done by Leonenut, still might check this out though
Neither of those make mention of being specifically Tangerine flavoured...aren't they extended editions retaining whatever music was already in place?

Azazello said:
Just curious, does this edit include the alternate ending described in the Wikipedia Production section?
After seeing the film, the alt ending is indeed there.

I want to introduce some young-ish kiddies to the film and wanted the cop-out happy ending.

Thanks for the edit.

Back
Top Bottom