• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

When I viewed Rogue One in the theater, I thought it was just OK. The story seemed choppy, the character development lacking, the action tedious, the music a bit flat, and there were a few cringe-worthy fan service scenes. TM2YC's edit has dramatically improved all these issues!

I had a much more enjoyable time watching this than the theatrical release. It flows better, and develops the characters more assuredly. The altered scene order makes more sense. The music changes gave me more emotional connection with the characters. I especially enjoyed the slight trims to the battle of Scarif (and Jen's ordeal in the tower) to make things flow more quickly.

The only thing I missed from the theatrical (and the only cut that I kind of noticed) was the abbreviated rebel conference, I would have preferred to have that entire scene, I think. Also, the audio seemed a bit uneven with explosions being really loud compared to vocals - but that could be the case in the source material.

But really, this is excellent work, and my new canon. Great job, TM2YC!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-rogue-one-where-rebels-dare/discussions/9919/

Back
Top Bottom