• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ant-Man and The Wasp

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw this movie with my fiance this Friday. Managed to take everything fun about the first movie (the size-changing fun, Michael Pena's gang, it's comedy charm mixed with heist movie thrills) and add so much more it it. It also add its own flavor, thanks to new cast additions of Hanna John-Kamen, Walton Goggins, Randall Park, and Laurence Fishburne. And, obviously, it feels really god to see Evangeline Lily taking part of the action as The Wasp. All in all, another home-run for the MCU...
To the point where I want to say DON'T stay after the credits. ;)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched the newly released (after the World Cup delay) 'Ant-Man and The Wasp'. The film has been marketed as...

The first female Superhero title!... well, that's named in the title anyway... but second billing to the male character obviously... by Marvel... but just the MCU Marvel movies, not the older films. Yay?

Hold your horses Marvel, you don't get to be out from under your 20-film long cloud of shame until 'Captain Marvel' (the 21st) next year :D .

It only occurred to me after leaving the cinema that the idea that this latest Marvel movie wouldn't be good had never even entered my mind. The fun and action are top notch and full of the big/small sight gags that made the first film unique. The best element is the strong father-daughter theme (explored through three relationships), it's got real heart. The only problem is that the script is a bit over-stuffed with plot threads and not as cleanly executed as the first Ant-Man. I think maybe the Walton Goggins character was one too many subplots. If deleted material focusing more on the father-daughter stuff emerges, I'd be tempted to swap that in for less Goggins. I thought the score really stood out and added to the drama of the experience.

You absolutely have to stick around for the mid-credits scene.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems like both Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp are two movies with about half a movie's worth of content in each of them. I can't wait to see the fanedit that combines the two :D

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ant Man and the Wasp was absolutely amazing. It's probably my favorite MCU film so far. I saw it at a drive in theatre, it was a double feature showing Incredibles 2, and AM&tW. Of the two, I thought this to be the superior super hero film about family. Also, I'd like to mention that this movie could totally be watched by a newcomer without having seen any other MCU film.
Also also, this made me want to see Laurence Fishburne as Doctor Light in a Mega Man movie.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
It seems like both Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp are two movies with about half a movie's worth of content in each of them. I can't wait to see the fanedit that combines the two :D

Hmm, I wonder if the 1st film's brushes with the law could be merged into the ankle-bracelet thing from the second.

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, I have to be in the minority for this one I guess. Ant-Man and the Wasp ended up being my least favorite Marvel movie by far. I didn’t find anything particularly memorable about it, the villains were lacking, the humor didn’t resonate with me, and it just looked like an expensive episode of a TV show in my opinion. Maybe I’ll try to edit it when it comes out. I always like to challenge myself.  :p

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ryantology said:
Man, I have to be in the minority for this one I guess. Ant-Man and the Wasp ended up being my least favorite Marvel movie by far. I didn’t find anything particularly memorable about it, the villains were lacking, the humor didn’t resonate with me, and it just looked like an expensive episode of a TV show in my opinion. Maybe I’ll try to edit it when it comes out. I always like to challenge myself.  :p

You're saying you're in the smaller group? And the movie didn't size up to your expectations? The scope was too small? The villains weren't larger than life? The humor was a big miss? Woulda fit better on the small screen? When it comes out you might shrink it? 

What's the deal with ants?

Good night folks, I'm here all week. Also haven't seen the movie yet, I appreciate the spoiler-free thoughts.

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Ryantology said:

You're saying you're in the smaller group? And the movie didn't size up to your expectations? The scope was too small? The villains weren't larger than life? The humor was a big miss? Woulda fit better on the small screen? When it comes out you might shrink it? 

What's the deal with ants?

Good night folks, I'm here all week. Also haven't seen the movie yet, I appreciate the spoiler-free thoughts.

I see what you did there. Well done sir... well done.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huh, I never commented in this thread? Welp, I love Ant-Man and the Wasp, about as much as Ant-Man. (Grade: A-, even though that middle school they infiltrated looks like exactly no place in San Francisco.) They're both totally enjoyable flicks, and I very much hope for at least one more installment.

Speaking of which, I'm not at all sold on this part three pitch from Nando v Movies, as it's not really about the Langs/Van Dynes at all, but the video itself is well worth a spin, and there are elements of it I do like, mainly all the MCU continuity pron:

In fact, I just got an idea: what if the third installment in this series was called The Wasp and Ant-Man, and took place from Hope's POV? There'd still be plenty of Scott, just maybe not in scenes without her, and she took proper center stage.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Huh, I never commented in this thread? Welp, I love Ant-Man and the Wasp, about as much as Ant-Man. (Grade: A-, even though that middle school they infiltrated looks like exactly no place in San Francisco.) They're both totally enjoyable flicks, and I very much hope for at least one more installment.

Speaking of which, I'm not at all sold on this part three pitch from Nando v Movies, as it's not really about the Langs/Van Dynes at all, but the video itself is well worth a spin, and there are elements of it I do like, mainly all the MCU continuity pron:

In fact, I just got an idea: what if the third installment in this series was called The Wasp and Ant-Man, and took place from Hope's POV? There'd still be plenty of Scott, just maybe not in scenes without her, and she took proper center stage.

Maybe something cheekier for a title (in keeping with the films) like "The Adventure of the Wasp!....and a little Ant-Man".  But I do like your idea of her getting first billing and a bigger share of the story.  She's been a big part of both films already though, and possibly Cassie is being set up to be a bigger part in #3?  So maybe three generations of women could be the plot center for the next film.  (You know who I mean if you've watched.)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Given that this movie is almost a year old now, I think spoilers are acceptable.  Thread title updated.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:

In fairness, all Nando did was establish who he thinks the antagonists of the film would be, with scenes/backstories that might take up only 3-5 minutes each. There's still another 2 hours of movie to figure out how the villains would challenge the heroes in exciting ways.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another one!

THR: Peyton Reed to Direct 'Ant-Man 3'

Falco-Nice.jpg

Top Bottom