• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Week of July 1, 2018 – New Fanedit Releases

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We have three new edits on IFDB this week.

Shazam: Origin by Billy Batson - The first live-action superhero movie, released as a twelve-chapter serial, cut down to a 120-minute feature length film. With the DC Extended Universe film SHAZAM! scheduled for release in April of 2019, I decided to trim the twelve-chapter 1941 serial, ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN MARVEL, down to a more digestible 120-minute movie in order to give anxious fans an advance look at the character. I also hope that it may serve as an introduction to the original source material for younger film fans who are not familiar with movie serials from the past.

Seinfeld: The Extended Series - Season 1 & 2 by Bobson Dugnutt - The continuing misadventures of neurotic New York City stand-up comedian Jerry Seinfeld and his equally neurotic New York City friends - bungling George Costanza, frustrated working gal Elaine Benes and the eccentric neighbor Cosmo Kramer. All cut scenes and jokes from the Season 1 and 2 DVDs have been masterfully reintegrated back into the 5 episodes with available deleted scenes.

Apocalypto: The Legend Of Jaguar Paw by Sinbad - Set in the Mayan civilization, when a man\'s idyllic presence is brutally disrupted by a violent invading force, he is taken on a perilous journey to a world ruled by fear and oppression where a harrowing end awaits him. Through a twist of fate and spurred by the power of his love for his woman and his family he will make a desperate break to return home and to ultimately save his way of life. The original movie is pretty perfect in my eyes but I was curious to see if I could cut the dialogue from the film and it still retain its power and narrative. While it wasn\'t possible to completely remove dialogue I have trimmed about 60% of it and subtitled the dialogue where I felt it was necessary. The removal of a lot of dialogue and a faster pace now means the movie run-time is 111 minutes cut down 28 minutes from the original 139 minute version.

This is the discussion thread for Week of July 1, 2018 – New Fanedit Releases. Post away!

Top Bottom