• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TV Shows From Other Dimensions

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cop Rock (1990)

Is it a drama? 
Is it a musical? 
Is it both? 

Yes - it's both! 

And it exists (existed). 

AND IT'S CALLED "COP ROCK". 

Not sure if this warrants its own thread or not, but gosh I'd love to see some equally bizarre examples.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The most infamous example that I can think of is "Heil Honey I'm Home!" (1990)

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
The most infamous example that I can think of is "Heil Honey I'm Home!" (1990)

My goodness.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you know there was a Godzilla TV series?  And I'm not talking about either American animated series.  No, not Big G's cameos in Zone Fighter.  That's not nearly obscure enough for what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about Godzilla Island.

This is real.  Yes, they used the toys.  Only the toys.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Minipops. Look it up at your own risk, but something I chillingly recall from my youth in the UK.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
Minipops. Look it up at your own risk, but something I chillingly recall from my youth in the UK.

I looked it up  :(

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a few Canadian TV shows from my youth. Looking back, these were really weird.

Parlez-Moi - A homeless-looking clown teaches French to Anglophone children. That theme music is burned into my brain.

The Hilarious House of Freightenstein - Educational sketch comedy with monsters. Starring Vincent Price.

Today's Special - A department store mannequin comes to life every night after the customers go home and hangs out with the security guard and a mouse.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was a bad show.  Here's a (if memory serves) good one.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, I was hoping to hear Peter Gabriel when I clicked play.  :-/

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And somehow you got something better. ;)

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The whale could talk and frequently fought a cyborg.  Just like the live action movie!

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Neglify said:
Denizen said:
Freddy's Nightmares...

...is a horrific show.

... and not in a good way.

Exactly! Horrible attempt to milk a cow for every last drop of milk. Squeezed the turnip and then squeezed it again until the squeezed broke. The creator must have thought that Friday The 13th The Series was about Jason.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was real?!  It wasn't some false memory in my sleep-deprived brain?  What - what even was this?  

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
This was real?!  It wasn't some false memory in my sleep-deprived brain?  What - what even was this?  

Yeah...I think you win. Wow! What garbage.
Wouldn't have been so bad if we would have gotten to see a cartoon of the tiger eating him.

I know...that is so.....wrong. But seriously? What do you expect from a tiger? I am not sure that one can expect to play with a tiger and then blame the tiger for trying to eat them. I know I won't be playing with any large cats anytime soon. Just saying....if I was to stick my head into the mouth of a wild beast I would expect to be devoured. Not intentionally being insensitive.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Denizen said:
matrixgrindhouse said:

Yeah...I think you win. Wow! What garbage.
Wouldn't have been so bad if we would have gotten to see a cartoon of the tiger eating him.

But we did.

Top Bottom