• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Black Snake Moan (2006)

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Black Snake Moan (2006)

BlackSnakeMoan1.jpg

I remember sitting in the cinema and seeing a trailer for Black Snake Moan. I thought here we go, another stab at the grind-house or exploitation thing that was sorta trendy at the time. I never went to see it and it faded away. Later, I saw the posters and though provocative, they simply put me off seeing the picture.

Exploitation cinema in my opinion signifies an era of filmmaking rather than a Genre. Times have changed and so called B movies or grind-house adoration flicks can have budgets in the hundreds of millions.

I finally got to see Black Snake Moan and was really suprised with what I got. It is a small picture with big performances. Chistina Ricci is totally convincing in her role. She is brilliant. The direction, narrative, editing and music are all excellent.

This movie has only one fault and that was the marketing campaign. What a shame that such an outstanding film should be so neglected. If you have not seen it I recommend that you do.

blacksnakemoan2.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462200/

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes it was a good one. I liked it as well.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree, I dont know if its underrated, but its a damn good movie. Sam Jackson was great as always but I was especially impressed by Justin Timberlake.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you Mollo! im an hour in and simply loving it what a fantastic movie and who'd have thunk it, Trousersnake actually has some talent :eek:

and definate props to Ricci! not quite as good as Jolie in Girl, Interrupted but a dream role handled more than adequately.

EDIT: first time i have ever ordered a movie before i saw the end, also gonna grab the rather sublime soundtrack as well.

Top Bottom