• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

Watched the MP4 today, and had a very entertaining time.

I am not a Star Wars guy, though I do have a deep nostalgic fondness for the original trilogy and this fan edit does elicit a more classic Star Wars feel without being too fan oriented. It is amazing how by simply (well, not simple from a technical stand point -- well done as always TM2YC) creating an original style opening immediately put me in the Star Wars zone. But TM2YC does more than this of course.... his reordering/restructuring of scenes creates a more fluid narrative and the additional/alteration of music cues/score (TM2YC always does FANTASTIC music work and Rogue One is another shining example of his master craftsmanship) creates a more emotional connection to the story and it's characters. While still not a perfect movie, TM2YC has done an exemplary job and for me has elevated the film above it's original cut.

My only nit pick observation, the time passage title card says "13 years later" but Jyn states in her interrogation with the Rebels that it has been 15 years since she last saw her father. Unless I missed a detail...? lol

Otherwise, another excellent edit by the ever exceptional TM2YC.

Thumbs Up.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-rogue-one-where-rebels-dare/discussions/9906/

Top Bottom