• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sharkey's LOTR The Two Towers

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by HAL9000

This fan edit of the second Lord of the Rings film seeks to be as conservative toward the films as they are while at the same time doing all that is reasonably possible to force them to agree with Tolkien's writing. They do not strictly hold to the book's construction and presentation of events as a rule, but do strive to present the contents accurately. "Historically accurate." These are more akin to the TTT Purist Edit that has been floating around for the last few years.
These edits are based on the extended editions, and will be offered in a format that has not been re-encoded or compressed in the slightest bit from the original DVD source. (The video, anyway.)

Major changes:

Removal of some of Gimli's clumsiness

(I wanted to remove Treebeard consulting Gandalf, but this causes too many internal inconsistencies.)

Treebeard discovers Saruman's destruction of the forest prior to the Entmoot.

Removed the blatant "exorcism" of Theoden - Saruman does not speak through Theoden - makes it seem like Theoden's disability could have been through drugging and not possession at all

Removed the burial scene

No Brego the wonder horse

The Arwen romantic subplot is excised entirely. Including all mention of her sailing across the sea. Along with it goes the Warg attack and Aragorn being separated from the rest of the van.

Removed Saruman and Grima discussion strategy

No Elrond and Galadriel telepathy (Remember, Saruman is nobody's puppet)

NO ELVES AT HELM'S DEEP (except Legolas, but no skateboard tricks. Aragorn also does not give orders in Elvish, except one occasion to Legolas.)

Entmoot makes the correct decision the first time, just as the novel describes. No manipulation by Pippin is needed.

No Faramir flashback, because it is physically impossible for Denethor to have known that the ring of power as at Rivendell prior to the council of Elrond.

Faramir does not decide to take the ring to Denethor.

The Hobbits do not go to Osgilliath at all, but are implied to have been released.

This fan edit trims about an hour from the film in total, leaving it about 2 hours 45 minutes in length. This film took the most creativity to accomplish.

Disc 1 is too big for a single layered, disc. But feel free to use DVD Shrink or whatever software you have to squeeze it into a single layered disc if you wish.

I want to give a special thank you to Lord Phillock, the editor behind the "Book Cuts", which are very excellent. Check those edits out too, along with this one.

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*tries to find the movie*

I promise to return with an in-depth review if i ever see this. I see several things that are very tricky to pull off and I'm very curious to see how it plays out.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this one will get an RS release soon.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RS on linktalk

matty303

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any one know how to combine the two discs into one if I happen to find the torrent?

he-guy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matty303 said:
Any one know how to combine the two discs into one if I happen to find the torrent?

I don't think you'd want to do that unless you were saving them to BD. The edit is 2 hours 46 minutes, and video quality is very good. I'd rather have to get up and switch discs after 1:46, then decrease the quality so much.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you could always make a DL dvd version (combining dvds or just the movie parts as one is very simple). I have no idea how big each disc is now, but even if you had to shrink it a little, using CCE with a variable pass of 5 will work virtually an unnoticeable quality change still extremely close on par with the original disc

matty303

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was gonna go the DL route as tranzor says - I never combined dvds together so can anyone point me to a simple guide?

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
extract both mpeg streams
combine them
reencode to 8GB
mux to DVD
create DVD IFO/BUP files
BURN

linux: avidemux+dvdauthor
windows: dunno (probably videodub)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you grabbed them via RS i allready made them Dual layer.

matty303

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The one I grabbd from linktalk was only single layer, both Fellowship and Return were double layer though

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh yes i remember now lol 1st and 3rd i made DL and shrinked the 2nd.

Top Bottom