If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

January 2019 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Best ripping program for MAC
Hello all, I'm on the outlook for a good MAC DVD ripper... free if possible or at least not too expensive... is there any solution?  I had a pretty good one last year but I can't remember which one it was...
This is how I rip a Macintosh apple.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-14245-1408812369-1.gif]

Have you looked at https://www.videohelp.com/ or done a Google search?
Thanks DigModiFicaTion.  I have tried, but no result has been successful under a cost of 40$
These are both listed as Mac OS and freeware on videohelp.

MovieRescuer
MakeMKV
Thanks Dig!  I never heard of MovieRescuer, but I’ll try both of those out!  Thanks  Tongue
I have a Mac but I paid around $50 for the software I use. I believe that Make MKV is free to rip dvds but you have to pay for a premium version to rip Blu-ray. That may have changed since I did it but I just wanted to let you know.
Completed- David Gordon Green's Halloween, Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Halloween: 10 Years of Terror, Halloween Resurrection: Resurrected, Halloween II (The Likable Characters Cut)
ITW- Weapon X (X-Men Origins: Wolverine edit),  Halloween 2007 (The 1978 cut), A Final Scream (Scream 4 edit), Jaws: Megalodon,  Boondock Saints II: The PC edit. 
Thanks for the info, Ryantology.  That wouldn't be a problem since I don't plan to work with Blu-rays... all is rest to do is to discover!
(06-17-2018, 05:23 PM)Canon Editor Wrote: Thanks for the info, Ryantology.  That wouldn't be a problem since I don't plan to work with Blu-rays... all is rest to do is to discover!

Right on! Well if you ever need any fanediting help from one Mac user to another, hit me up. Smile
Completed- David Gordon Green's Halloween, Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Halloween: 10 Years of Terror, Halloween Resurrection: Resurrected, Halloween II (The Likable Characters Cut)
ITW- Weapon X (X-Men Origins: Wolverine edit),  Halloween 2007 (The 1978 cut), A Final Scream (Scream 4 edit), Jaws: Megalodon,  Boondock Saints II: The PC edit. 
pavtube for ripping blu-rays and DVDs to lossless prores files. when on sale, pavtube can be fairly inexpensive. search the technical subforum for more info.

be warned: after I installed makemkv, my mac started crashing like crazy. could have been an unrelated software glitch, could have been makemkv.
Shoot… thans for the warning, ssj.  I will check the other program out.