• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Bumblebee

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I squealed. This looks amazing. So happy to see the series in the hands of a director more suited to exploring the rich mythos of Transformers.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched.

No headache inducing editing.
No inappropriate racist stereotypes.
No hyper sexualized lip glossed female characters.

Clean G1 designs.
Character you actually like, care and cheer for.
A coherent, funny, poignant, fun story less than 2 hours long.

Wait.  Are we sure this is a Transformers movie?????

It only took them SIX TRIES, but they finally got it right.

Very good movie.  Strong recommendation.  :D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(US Amazon Prime)

Short, half-assed review: the best thing about Bumblebee is that it's barely a Transformers movie, in that, thanks to a plot-convenient memory loss, "B-187" doesn't even know it's an Autobot for most of the flick. Which is a good thing, because it's a loyal foot soldier to Optimus Prime, a psychopath who thinks it's a good idea to inflict his planet's horrific war on Earth for no discernible reason.

As for the flick itself, it's pretty okay. Hailee Steinfeld and the rest of the cast are solid, there are some charming and chuckle-inducing moments, and the '80s setting and frequent musical cues make everything better.

Grade: B-. The thing is, as this video compellingly argues, the movie has appealing characters, but no real story: there's just a few random incidents before the bad robots show up, and there's a fight. It's a tolerable distraction, but, especially since B-187 inevitably regains its memories, I certainly wouldn't mind if it marked the end of this misbegotten franchise... forever. Now is simply not the time to teach American kids to love gun violence and the planet-melting internal combustion engine more than they already do.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought this film was generally good; I did not have many gripes with it. I would probably give it an 85/100.

Top Bottom