• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

Rogue One is a solid, enjoyable Star Wars movie, and TM2YC is an outstanding editor. So my expectations were high going in. Both the movie and editor happily surprised me: it turns out there IS a better R1 hidden inside the theatrical cut.

The narrative edits that really added to my enjoyment of the movie:
- The opening crawl and music, followed by the pan down from star field to planet. I expected it to feel merely like a gimmick, but this really does add a thrill of recognition and excitement.
- The sequencing of the characters introductions. The story flows better now.
- Removing the Krennic / Vader scene. The original scene was frustrating (Wait, I thought Krennic reported to Tarkin. Now he's reporting to Vader? So, is he Tarkin's peer? I'm confused.). Yes we lose a Vader scene, but now the relationship between Tarkin and Krennic stays central, making both of them stronger for me. And we thankfully lose the idiotic staging of that scene (Really? Why must the empire always include a bottomless pit in their structures, and with little or no railings to prevent accidents?)
- Multiple short trims to the final battle (in space and on the ground). Removing a few weak moments improves the overall pacing.

The technical edits are outstanding, as expected in a TM2YC edit.

TM2YC's narrative editing helps the story shine brighter, and his technical prowess makes the changes seamless. This edit convincingly replaces the original!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-rogue-one-where-rebels-dare/discussions/9879/

Top Bottom