• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

fan edit title cards

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am nearing completion of a new fanedit and want to incorporate a title card (or whatever you'd call 'em) that lets the viewer know that its a fanedit.

I have seen many of the high profile editors use them in their edits (UA, KBM, CBB, Etc) some resemble the THX intro (digitally FAN enhanced) others resemble the FBI warning but all basically just say that this is a fanedited version of the film and is not for sale and more info can be found at FE.org.

I haven't the technical know how to create these and would appricate some help, and/or permission to use one of the ones from other faneditors' releases.

thanks a ton!

this might help some:

faneditwarning.jpg

thats exactly what I am after but I am still ignorant of how to insert a still image into the beginning of a film.

do you just drag and drop and specify the # of frames you want it to appear for?

thanks.

if I recall correctly, you are using Vegas... If thats the case, just add the image to your video time line before your movie, and you can set the duration by dragging right side of the clip to the left or right.

Yeah, I am using the bargain basement vegas :-D
Thanks for the tips!

One more thing, is there a semi detailed tutorial on making/editing credits here?
I haven't scoured the site but figured I'd ask you while I have your ear.

Thanks again!

That tut is very helpful but thats exactly not what I meant (sorry for being unclear) I meant for inserting text on top of video (for intro credits and outro credits that have video as well)

your tut will be a big help for my end credits but I would like to alter/add a few things to the beginning of the film if possible.

oopsie, sorry. grab this tutorial HERE. There is a section on adding generated text media. To have it play over top of you video you would just do this in a new video layer that is above the layer that contains your movie footage.

awesome, I'll look into that.
thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom